Should I get a Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes ML350, or Audi Q7? ? - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 08-28-2016, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

Should I get a Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes ML350, or Audi Q7? ?

We are planning on buying a new car sometime soon. We narrowed it down to these 3 cars. I know that VW owns Audi, and Porsche owns 50% of VW. I really want the Porsche Cayenne, cause its a porsche and it's nice. My Dad likes the MongoosePro GM II Porsche and really likes the ML350. The Audi Q7 also has a lot of interior room. The thing is though, I heard it cost a lot of money for maintenece on the Porsche. I am not so sure about Audi or Mercedes either casue we have a Lexus, and 2 Nissans. So I was wondering what car would fit really good.

Last edited by Likaibin; 08-28-2016 at 04:29 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-30-2016, 10:46 AM

Im using 2015 ML350, the previous model of ML400 and GLE series. Basically they are all same, the newer version accelerate a bit faster but performance are just not changed much, I tried it all including the new GLS400 which giving same driving impression like an ML/GLE. Have owned BMW X5 before, it was a very performance car with sport package, wide tires, the new X5 inherited it all, including its heavy steering, rather hard for you when driving slow in street. Also tried Cayenne 2016 base V6 and Range Rover Sport HSE 2015 recently, both give good impression on driving but not much diffrent to my current ML350, just not worth the big gap of price and heavy maintenance cost. Cayenne is rather too narrow inside and cargo compartment compared to ML, while Range Rover Sport having reliabilty issues with its electronic and air shocks. How a ML can be comparable to cayenne/range rover in term of driving impression ?
Benz ML350/ML400/GLE with OEM shocks and springs give you very soft ride like a sedan but do not have the stability, sporty driving feeling that I can find in X5 and Cayenne, you are like on a boat on unflat road. After researching, I decided to change the stock 19" wheel to AMG 20" with 265/45R20 tire, have the B12 Bilstein/Eiback sport combo set of shock/sping in to lower the car about 3cm and give harder shock absorbtion. The result is really fantastic, my car now having both soft/smooth/comfort of Benz/Range Rover on flat road and sport feel/car stability/response to the driving wheel of an X5/Cayenne on uneven road. I guess a set of rear tire 295/40R20 will even give better stability. Acceleration of ML350 is better than a base V6 Cayenne and Range Rover Sport 2015 (engine noise is too much). Driving ML is just much more relaxing and easy on crowded street and normal country side road, thought not very exiciting on highway unless you order an SUV with sport mode. For less money, same option, Benz ML is a much smarter choice to cayenne/rover sport which are usd50k more expensive in my country. Audi to me is not reliable engine bcs they are of VW group. The outlook may make decision but its up to uyour taste. Im not very engaged with ML but the new GLE look more sporty. I was wondering Cayenne/range rover sport/X5 against ML but now I know I made good choice.
post #3 of 7 Old 09-02-2016, 01:40 AM

I just returned my 2014 ML350 lease and leased a 2017 Porsche Cayenne Platinum Edition on 8/23. Some comparisons to note. DRIVE - ML very luxurious comfortable drive with less feel of road. Comfort steering, where I can literally drive with the tip of 1 finger. Cayenne, very sporty and comfortable drive. Feels like driving my wife's E350 in a SUV. Need at least one hand to steer. I can sometimes get away with 1 whole finger on steering wheel in slow traffic. Cayenne as a great sports button which makes the car shift faster which means u tap the gas and you are flying. Overall I prefer the drive, handling and performance of my Cayenne over the ML. INTERIOR - ML is more functional and has a better lay out. Porsche looks more stylish but no room to place handy items like, phone. SEATING - ML felt hard with MB-tex and head rest was never comfty. Cayenne seating feels 10x more comfty. TECH - ML overall is very advanced. Cayenne navi is terrible. Feels worst than my 2011 G37. Overall I am way happier driving my Porsche for the thrill of the drive and the fact that less people drive a Porsche compared to Mercedes and especially the ML. The feeling is more upscale, but just some thoughts after 1 whole week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 03-17-2017, 04:26 PM
EAD

Contemplating purchase of a 2017 Platinum edition as well. Any missing features of consequence?
post #5 of 7 Old 04-02-2017, 07:05 AM

You really asked it on porsche forum?)
post #6 of 7 Old 05-16-2017, 01:52 PM

Garage
Just purchased my 2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel and LOVE IT! Only thing I'm worried about is how it will tow as I purchased it to replace my Toyota Tundra as I was sick of only getting 9 mpg when towing my 7x16 race trailer. I hear the Cayenne diesels get almost 20mpg when towing and can tow up to 7,716lbs.

Now I just need to look into customizing it as right now it looks like a soccer mom SUV lol

For all of your oil and filtration needs go to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-20-2017, 05:11 AM

Only porsche

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page