2014 Cayenne S Longevity and maintenance - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-15-2017, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

2014 Cayenne S Longevity and maintenance

Hey guys!

My question is, to the experienced members of this forum, how do most Cayennes hold up? I do not want to get a car and lose my warranty 6-12 months later depenending on manufacture date and then be stuck in a car that has silly little things that break down but cost $500-1000 to fix every time.

The base Cayenne is too slow and I am looking to spend 50k max, so I cannot afford a newer Cayenne S. I may end up just getting a 2016 Macan S but I also plan to use the car for road trips, hiking trips, camping, etc and I don't think the Macan will have enough space for me.

I'd be finding one for under 50k miles and I'd like it to last me to 150k miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-16-2017, 09:58 AM

If you shop around a bit, I'm sure you'l find something that meets your needs. I can't speak to the 150k longevity, but smiles galore Whatever you do, a PPI (Pre Puchase Inspection) will go a long way to ease your mind about dropping some coin on a used Por$che.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-16-2017, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

I'm surprised this question hasn't been answered more. Is this something that was beaten to death in previous threads? I feel there should be many Cayennes of same Generation (maybe not 2014) that have 100k miles plus or minus that would be able to shed light on the situation past warranty expiration date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbus View Post
If you shop around a bit, I'm sure you'l find something that meets your needs. I can't speak to the 150k longevity, but smiles galore Whatever you do, a PPI (Pre Puchase Inspection) will go a long way to ease your mind about dropping some coin on a used Por$che.
I actually have dealer auction connections that I can use, so the car will be inspected by them and usually is already inspected and marked on a scale from 1-5 listing its known issues, dents, etc, and I have an automatic 10 day return policy that is backed by the auction as well.

My issue is that almost everyone I know with a luxury German brand, bmw, audi, etc etc that around 50-60k miles, just the dumbest things start breaking down and it costs an arm and a leg and is always annoying. I know that Porsche is rated much much higher in reliability, but I dont know how that expands into later years and higher mileage, as far as I know those reliability tests are meant to cover the first 3 years of ownership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-18-2017, 08:42 AM

Having that 10 day return policy is gold! Here is a video I found regarding the every day driving costs. It's a thirsty beast, but a lot of fun to have. Of the various cars that I've owned (and there have been a few cool ones), this one gets to most compliments.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page