Porsche Cayenne Forums banner

Cayenne Turbo 2011 hood won't open

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jholder25 
#1 ·
Hi all, I just bought a Porsche Cayenne turbo 2011 with 70,000 miles. My brother bought the car in Baltimore, MD and drove it back to Atlanta, Ga. When he got to my house he said that the car ran excellent but he could not open the hood. Also he thought the car was running hot due to the red coolant light coming on and off during the drive. The coolant light and the oil light shows up when the car is on. The release lever on the driver's side when pulled does nothing. How can I open the hood when the release lever does not work. Does anyone know how I can get the hood open. Please help me because I don't want to drive the car for concern I will cause more problems by overheating the engine. Thank you so much. Jholder25

#3 ·
Thanks Sebring,

I did take it to the Porsche dealer and I was hit with a bill of $958.00 for 4 hours of labor and a replaced release cable. I wished I could have opened the hood myself but nevertheless, I am happy I have access to the engine compartment.

jholder25

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.