New Member with 2 questions - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 09-04-2019, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

New Member with 2 questions

Hi all,

I own a 2016 Cayenne S and looking for feedback on 2 issues.

I have approximately 27K and am in need of new tires and possibly brakes my questions are:

1) I live in New England and spend a most weekends in the winter in VT so I'm looking for a good All Season tire. I don't want to spend the money on new rims for winter tires nor do I want to swap winter/summer tires.

2) My brakes are down to 2mm front and 3mm rear so I'm starting to look at options. I have a really good indy shop and they typically recommend OEM parts and I'm not looking to cut corners especially with brakes but is there a better option that may also be more cost effective than OEM pads and rotors? I understand that ceramic pads perform better but will they last longer with same driving habits (I don't have issue with brake fade).

Any constructive feedback would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-15-2019, 08:19 PM

Check out FCP Euro for maintenance parts. I use them for my BMW and have been impressed.
post #3 of 3 Old Today, 01:45 AM

What size wheels?

What type of stopping do you do with your brakes?

Unless you are at the track or towing you probably would be fine with any normal painted brake rotor and pads. It's probably more preference than anything. But there are lots of online places to buy rotors and pads. Check out CarId, Rock Auto, autohausaz.com, Id Parts, Tire Rack etc....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in