Hello from Atlanta - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Unread 10-21-2019, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Hello from Atlanta

I traded from a Lexus to a Macan in late 14. Was a bit apprehensive but looking back, so glad I did it! Love my Macan but now I find myself needing a bit more room so I just ordered a Cayenne S last week. If anyone has had or has both the Macan and the Cayenne, please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Unread 10-24-2019, 09:03 PM
gw7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltonPorsche View Post
I traded from a Lexus to a Macan in late 14. Was a bit apprehensive but looking back, so glad I did it! Love my Macan but now I find myself needing a bit more room so I just ordered a Cayenne S last week. If anyone has had or has both the Macan and the Cayenne, please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Lexus is bulletproof. Cayenne is not. The build quality and all that is hype. Oil service can range from $1500 (yes, that is 15 with two zeros) to $750. Electronics, a maze. Porsche dealers can't figure out either. But you are at the mercy of Porsche.

Prestige factor, Poser cannot be denied.

But Porsche is mostly hype.

Dr. G

2018 Cayenne Platinum
post #3 of 6 Unread 10-24-2019, 09:06 PM
gw7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gw7 View Post
Lexus is bulletproof. Cayenne is not. The build quality and all that is hype. Oil service can range from $1500 (yes, that is 15 with two zeros) to $750. Electronics, a maze. Porsche dealers can't figure out either. But you are at the mercy of Porsche.

Prestige factor, Poser cannot be denied.

But Porsche is mostly hype.

Dr. G

2018 Cayenne Platinum
Also, I drove a Macan (loaner from dealer) for three days. Junk. Toy car for Porsche wannabe. Cayenne is better. But get ready for sticker shock on service and electronics that no one can figure out. Lord help Porsche Taycan owners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Unread 10-25-2019, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

To me, the true Porsche owner knows that for electronics you go Japanese and for drivability you go German. In comparing my Lexus to my Macan, the Macan is hands down much more fun to drive. Each car entered the shop for warranty repairs only once during my 5 yrs of ownership, and my Lexus was just as expensive for routine maintenance as my Macan. What I love about the Lexus is that it drives you but what I love about the Macan is that you drive it. I disagree with the "toy car wannabe" description for the Macan. A small SUV is a great car to have in urban environments to navigate downtown streets and parking garages, as well as great on road trips to haul family and gear. And, the Macan and Cayenne have allowed Porsche to survive and be able to pour money into what they are best at-designing and building sport cars. I'm just trying to figure out if the Cayenne will be as fun to drive on the road as the Macan. The size and space is a definite plus, but will I enjoy the drive?
post #5 of 6 Unread Yesterday, 12:51 PM

Hi MiltonPorsche, I am new to the world of Cayenne, I only picked mine up a few weeks ago but I absolutely love it. Changing from Japanese also (Infiniti FX35) I find the Cayenne a much more exciting place to be. My father has a Macan GTS which I have driven a few times too, that is also a lovely car. The Cayenne is obviously more spacious and feels more comfortable to me. I think you will be delighted with your new Cayenne!

2016 Cayenne S
post #6 of 6 Unread Yesterday, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Hartids! Looking forward to my new Cayenne around Jan or Feb.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in