Hello Myself @turbochalk2020
I guess there is no one here to welcome new members and help them with questions so I will be answering my own questions after a week of research by going to the dealer, calling PCNA, looking through video reviews, and section by section scroll in the Porsche GTK App. Also, being a Macan owner and Macan forum member it is pretty standard to share your location, use @ references, and have signatures of what you own but I am not finding this is the case here. You are all welcome to my info so you can reach out if you have common region and ownership.
1. Porsche Connect Services and Cost based on Porsche Connect helpline (would be nice if someone confirm or correct this)
* Real time traffic and Map updates free for 12mon then $205/year
* Hot Spot is 3GB/3mon free then $25/mon for Unlimited to Non AT&T customers (what are other cost tiers below Unlimited?)
* Remote Services free for 12mon then $110/year
* No other carrier is supported for the above but AT&T.
* Porsche GTN app states that external SIM (preference of Verizon) can be used for data connection only but the helpline said that it cannot be used for above services as in external SIM card is not supported in the US for anything.
2. Steering Wheel with a P = Remote Park Assist (there is a video but I am still not allowed to post links)
* This is a really cool feature with the icon not lit under the glass and not supported in the USA which is a shame
* The dealership boss saw it in action in South Africa but said no info for the US and it cannot be programmed after delivery
* I guess we are still not catching up with the parking tech that low end brands have been doing for years
* The feature allows for hand free park into a spot when in inside the car and call up the car from the parking spot from the Porsche App while being out of the car. Amazing.
3. "Keyless drive; vehicle ignition without active key usage."
* I went to the dealer to witness for myself and despite all the Cayennes on the lot not a single one without Comfort Access
* I have been able to confirm through Porsche GTK app that the key cannot be turned any more as "The vehicle key is replaced with a operating device in the ignition lock."
* So the Porsche soul has been ripped out by this news to me since I will not be able to insert and turn the key to start
* So thank you, Porsche, at least it is not a push button
4. Trunk Open/Close
* The dealership boss took me to his car and sure enough there is an Open and Close buttons on the driver door
* However, Porsche GTK app is showing a fuel door open button instead, so I assume for the US we just push on the door to open it as before
5. Grab Handles
* No one can or care to spend the time to confirm so I just have to trust the configurator.
6. 3D view
* No one can or care to spend the time to confirm or figure out how to make it work. I am supposed to get a call from PCNA on the issue. 3D stopped working when Unity player went under the configurator not able to download the right version to operate in IE 11.
7. Armrest (not sliding forward to cover cupholders)
* All new Cayennes I have seen no longer have a sliding armrest which is a big shame for comfort of the right elbow support
* I have the slimmest of hopes that they will make it so on the 2020 since all video reviews from Europe clearly show it slides forward for them