New with Turbo Chalk 2020 - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 12-13-2019, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

New with Turbo Chalk 2020

Hello Everyone,

I have been an active member of the Macan forum with a 2016 Turbo and now would like to be part of this forum since I placed the order for the 2020 Turbo Chalk/GraphiteBlue/Chalk and have so many questions that the dealer has no idea about. I appreciate some initial guidance before I get oriented in this much more complex forum than the Macan forum I got used to over the years. Also, I traded my 2014 Cayenne Base as down payment for this order and since it was in such immaculate condition it was sold in two days over Thanksgiving to a couple expecting their first child in January which is a great new life for it except that my 2020 is not expected until 6 months from now according to the dealer. I wonder if anyone else is having the same long delay placing a 2020 order in November.

This is my build code: PLCMSSH0

These are my initial questions if anyone can point me in the right direction:

1. What is the best way to only get real time traffic and map updates. XM or SIM? if SIM, can it be Verizon instead of AT&T that I see as a link to get mobile data package. I am not interested in any other features since I am an Android user and the App appears only to provide status with no value of remote start or remote heat/cool reserved for Hybrid models.

2. Steering Wheel icon with a P to the right of the shifter. I have seen through some online reviews that there is this icon and the intended function of possibly automatically park the car by lining up and confirming the spot. However, I cannot confirm of anything like this anywhere and I have not heard of anything like this on a Porsche. Lots of other entry level brands have been doing it for years with parking sensors so would be helpful if this is actually a thing. I optioned Park Assist with Surround View.

3. I prefer to insert and turn the key to start, so I specifically did not option Comfort Access. However, the standard spec on the Turbo is stating that "Keyless drive; vehicle ignition without active key usage.". I wonder if anyone can clarify what that means without Comfort Access.

4. Trunk Open/Close. I have seen on the picture of the driver side panel that there is a button to Open the trunk (standard thing) and possibly button to Close the trunk (assuming from inside the car). Would you please confirm if the trunk can be closed with a push of a button inside the car or I am confusing this with a button to Open the fuel door.

5. Grab Handles in Alcantara. The configurator shows them matching interior color in my case graphite blue. However, when you option the steering wheel in Alcantara it is only in black regardless of the interior and I confirmed this with PCNA. However, now I am starting to wonder if the grab handles may also only be in black which would not make sense but wanted to confirm if anyone got those.

6. Lastly. Can anyone get the 3D view back on the configurator. It has been available until earlier this year and while using very odd Unity player it worked on multiple browsers and so precise. Then it stopped working and I cannot figure out how to get it working back again. There is no issue with Taycan configurator in 3D although it does not look as sharp but better than no 3D at all.

Last edited by turbochalk2020; 12-13-2019 at 06:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-21-2019, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Hello Myself @turbochalk2020,

I guess there is no one here to welcome new members and help them with questions so I will be answering my own questions after a week of research by going to the dealer, calling PCNA, looking through video reviews, and section by section scroll in the Porsche GTK App. Also, being a Macan owner and Macan forum member it is pretty standard to share your location, use @ references, and have signatures of what you own but I am not finding this is the case here. You are all welcome to my info so you can reach out if you have common region and ownership.

1. Porsche Connect Services and Cost based on Porsche Connect helpline (would be nice if someone confirm or correct this)
* Real time traffic and Map updates free for 12mon then $205/year
* Hot Spot is 3GB/3mon free then $25/mon for Unlimited to Non AT&T customers (what are other cost tiers below Unlimited?)
* Remote Services free for 12mon then $110/year
* No other carrier is supported for the above but AT&T.
* Porsche GTN app states that external SIM (preference of Verizon) can be used for data connection only but the helpline said that it cannot be used for above services as in external SIM card is not supported in the US for anything.

2. Steering Wheel with a P = Remote Park Assist (there is a video but I am still not allowed to post links)
* This is a really cool feature with the icon not lit under the glass and not supported in the USA which is a shame
* The dealership boss saw it in action in South Africa but said no info for the US and it cannot be programmed after delivery
* I guess we are still not catching up with the parking tech that low end brands have been doing for years
* The feature allows for hand free park into a spot when in inside the car and call up the car from the parking spot from the Porsche App while being out of the car. Amazing.

3. "Keyless drive; vehicle ignition without active key usage."
* I went to the dealer to witness for myself and despite all the Cayennes on the lot not a single one without Comfort Access
* I have been able to confirm through Porsche GTK app that the key cannot be turned any more as "The vehicle key is replaced with a operating device in the ignition lock."
* So the Porsche soul has been ripped out by this news to me since I will not be able to insert and turn the key to start
* So thank you, Porsche, at least it is not a push button

4. Trunk Open/Close
* The dealership boss took me to his car and sure enough there is an Open and Close buttons on the driver door
* However, Porsche GTK app is showing a fuel door open button instead, so I assume for the US we just push on the door to open it as before

5. Grab Handles
* No one can or care to spend the time to confirm so I just have to trust the configurator.

6. 3D view
* No one can or care to spend the time to confirm or figure out how to make it work. I am supposed to get a call from PCNA on the issue. 3D stopped working when Unity player went under the configurator not able to download the right version to operate in IE 11.

7. Armrest (not sliding forward to cover cupholders)
* All new Cayennes I have seen no longer have a sliding armrest which is a big shame for comfort of the right elbow support
* I have the slimmest of hopes that they will make it so on the 2020 since all video reviews from Europe clearly show it slides forward for them

DELIVERED:2020 Cayenne Turbo | 03/26/2020 | PLS4FCA9 | Chalk/Graphite Blue/Chalk | Ceramic coat, tint, clear bra in progress...
LOVE: 2016 Macan Turbo | Carrara/LuxBeige | SD Pack | 21TD Summers | Bi-Xen in Black
post #3 of 5 Old 12-21-2019, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

I have grown up to be able to post links so this is yet a dream of a feature for us in the US. We will just be staring at the non funcitonal icon under the glass to remind us that someone out there actually using this:

DELIVERED:2020 Cayenne Turbo | 03/26/2020 | PLS4FCA9 | Chalk/Graphite Blue/Chalk | Ceramic coat, tint, clear bra in progress...
LOVE: 2016 Macan Turbo | Carrara/LuxBeige | SD Pack | 21TD Summers | Bi-Xen in Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-29-2020, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

I have received no replies or comments to my posts which is understandable since this forum is not as active as the Macan forum. I took delivery now and figured out everything but the center console sliding which appears to be not the option in the US.

I wonder if anyone from outside of US with a 2019/2020 Cayenne can help and take a picture of the center console sliding mechanism which would be a view from the bottom when it is fully extended. This is an image from US Tequipment site showing the center console extended over the cupholders, however, in reality it is fixed and not able to slide forward which is a big ergonomic issue for me having used on it on the previous gen Cayennes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Center console lid.jpg (90.6 KB, 2 views)

post #5 of 5 Old 04-06-2020, 03:50 AM

Hello and welcome,enjoy being here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page