Hello From New Jersey - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-03-2020, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

Hello From New Jersey

Hi, Since I am interested in buying a used Gen 2 Cayenne I joined this forum to see what people are discussing in the scene. I suspect most of my questions have already been discussed but I may have a few of my own after reading. I'm interested in what years are preferred and what problems I need to look out for. So far I'm thinking I can pickup a 2013-2016 S with about 50k-65k. miles.

I have about 30 years experience doing most things automotive, including engine rebuilds, axle gear changes (4x4 trucks) and have a car lift and obdii scanner. I keep my vehicles almost forever, so I am hoping a Cayenne will go 250K without breaking the bank!

Thanks
-Kober
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-07-2020, 03:35 AM
Site Sponsor

Hello, Kober and welcome to the site! You've come to the right place - lots of knowledgeable people here who can help you when you get what you're looking for. Good luck with your hunt and keep us posted!

Porsche Cayenne
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
|
post #3 of 4 Old 02-08-2020, 04:44 PM

Go to rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-958-2011-2018-242/. Lots of info there. Happy hunting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 02-08-2020, 05:03 PM

I should add that I would look for a CPO. 2016 and some 2017s are showing up as lease turn-ins. Buying used you get someone else's idea of their perfect car.

For a point of reference, I just got into a 2016 eHybrid with a decent build sheet including the SportDesign package for $42500 delivered to me. Came with 10 months of original warranty remaining and then the CPO warranty coverage kicks in. Cayenne had 42k on the clock. Porsche CPO requirements are pretty high, not quite as high as Mercedes Benz but up there.

Also use https://vinanalytics.com/ to get build sheet, original cost and if you are lucky, the original inservice date.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page