Porsche Cayenne Forums banner

Windshield crack

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  DanOstin 
#1 ·
A small rock (about an inch) hit the windshield... and left a small crack. Since then the crack has extended to about foot in length. I have three options for replacement and I am looking for advice from someone who had one replaced Cayenne windshield.

1) Safelite aftermarket for $650
2) Safelite OEM part for $1800
3) Porsche Dealership replacement for $2100

I understand that Porsche does not manufacture glass nor do their dealerships install the glass. They purchase part and have 3rd party do installation. I am leaning towards $650 aftermarket glass and i understand it wont have Porsche logo.

#4 ·
That's good that you have full coverage glass insurance. I was not so lucky. Frankly speaking, everything new is always much safer and better quality than what has already been used by someone. To cut it short, once I had to change my window for a used one deciding to economize my funds. Indeed, it was scratched, but this didn't bother me. More than all, I found guys https://www.unscratchthesurface.com/portfolio/widespread-glass-restoration-resurfacing/ who perfectly helped to restore it and stole all the scratches. But after my wife parked in the yard, it cracked and smashed at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.