Noisy Cayenne Diesel - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 06-30-2018, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Noisy Cayenne Diesel

I have a 2015 Cayenne diesel that I bought in March. It is a CPO vehicle. It is the third vehicle I have owned with the same color combo. After buying it I regretted the color decision, so I started looking for another one. I live in a small city, hence the dealer doesn't get many vehicles to pick from.

I do travel to the same big city every month tha has multiple dealer. I have test driven three CD's there, and made an offer on one (turned me down....reasonable offer. That vehicle has been there approaching 80 days), and almost bought a 16 until I noticed it lacked the Bose option.
What I have noticed is that the three I have test driven are way quieter and smoother than mine. In fact, the last one I drove was this past Thursday, and I told the salesman that it almost drove like a gas burner. He said, "all CD's drive like this."

Not mine....it is noisy (sounds like a diesel pick up), and has vibration...even feel it in the accelerator. Any thoughts, advice, etc. will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-07-2018, 12:22 PM

Sounds like you may have failing engine mounts, or some other malfunction. Maybe they left a sound deadening blanket or something out when they applied the "fix."

My experience with our '15, is that it was significantly quieter than the gas S and GTS versions we have had as service loaners.
A friend agrees, and "quieter" was one of her reasons to buy her second Diesel.
I recently test drove a Turbo with the Insulated Glass package - it was at least as quiet as our (departed) Diesel.
I haven't driven that many Cayenne's, but that's my experience.

Sound and NVH are very important to me - being an audio engineer.
BTW - skip the Bose - they are highly promoted, but crap. Either go for the base system or spend the dough for Burmeister if you want non-offensive sound. The $5k it costs new, doesn't add much to the resale price of used.

Buy that '16 if it's still available. Then search this forum for sound system upgrades - almost anything is better than the thumping tinny Bose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in