Toureg replacement parts for Cayenne? - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-15-2019, 11:03 AM Thread Starter

Toureg replacement parts for Cayenne?

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a 2013 Cayenne and may need to replace a few things (struts/etc). I recall reading that many parts were also compatible with the VW Toureg. There does not seem to be much info on this topic via google search. If this is true, I'd love to find out more about what parts may or may not be similar or compatible.

Are there discussions on this forum in regards to this topic?

An insight? Thanks in advance.
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-22-2019, 06:30 PM

Yes absolutely true. The Cayenne and Touareg are built on the same mechanical chassis. Different engines and body panels but most of the mechanicals are the same. Some of the interior electronics are the same and some are not.

Check out the ClubTouareg forum
post #3 of 3 Old 06-22-2019, 06:39 PM

Do you have air suspension or non air suspension? The struts with air suspension are expensive for either vehicle. If you have non air suspension there are a few companies that make aftermarket coil over kids (Bilstein is one of them). A factory VW shock from an R-Line is probably the same part as the Porsche non air shock part or perhaps with slightly less sporty valving. Regular Touareg shocks will also fit but may not be sporty (I'm not too sure the valving they use compared to Porsche models).

Do a Google search for T3 Touareg Shocks or T3 Touareg suspension.

Also CarID has a decent selection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page