Car wont lock from KEY!!!! - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 07-15-2019, 05:02 AM Thread Starter

Car wont lock from KEY!!!!

Hi all.

Newbie to the Cayenne forum but not Porsche. So bought a Cayenne 2003 a month ago. The few little niggles helped me get a cheap car and it is a lot of car for the money and know I will have to spend a penny or 3. So new gas struts for the tail gate, done... few bulbs done....etc Quite enjoyable and forgot how much fun i have tinkering with little bits and bobs.....HOWEVER

i lent the car to my girlfriend and she said she could not lock it with the key and alarm went off. I am like dozy mare its not rocket science... I get the car back and say look easy....car locks. I am looking good.

Then few days later I went to unlock it and it wouldnt unlock.....I put key in the door and alarm went off so put in ignition and it was fine. Got home wouldnt lock then it did then it wouldnt. I changed both batteries on both keys and nothing.... now the car will not respond to the keys. I have done the old 'put key on head trick' but no joy.

I read a lot of conflicting posts yet it seems there is no one real fix....anyone help a newbie out... it is frustrating as FUDGE!!!! I can get in and car runs OK but the key is really needed to unlock the car. Is there a resent function (that actually works) or is it a case of deal with it or take it to the Porsche garage......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-17-2019, 11:18 PM

Your key fob battery is dead or inserted upside down. BTW what are niggles?
post #3 of 3 Old 07-19-2019, 06:06 AM Thread Starter

No honestly. Battery is the right way up the green light flashes. the old battery and new battery. the problem is intermittent. It decided yesterday it wanted to work so would assume loose wire somewhere or moisture.

nigglers were rear struts on the boot not operational, new tyres needed on drivers side, a few little dents on the top of the door, a little rust bubble on drivers door seal, back seat belt tensioner locks when seats are put down and prevents the rear seats from coming up, a few bulbs gone on the inside and a few of the catches and latches missing and.........NO LOCKING WHEEL NUT!!!!

Easy fixes all round really.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page