New Cayenne - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 12-05-2019, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

New Cayenne

Hello everyone. I am new to posting on this forum but I have read many interesting and informative posts on it. My current car is a 2015 Macan S which I love, but I have decided to order a new Porsche. I starting by looking a a 2020 Macan Turbo but then I discovered that the Macan Turbo engine is the same engine used in the Cayenne S. I also knew that the interior of the Macan has basically not changed since the Macan came out. So I thought why get basically the same car as I have now with a bigger engine and a few performance upgrades when I can look at something new to me like the Cayenne.

I looked at the Cayenne S but then gravitated to the Cayenne S Coupe. I read every review I could find on the S Coupe and they were all pretty favorable. I realize the Coupe is not really a coupe at all in the traditional sense but I love the sportier looks of it vs. the regular Cayenne. I also was not concerned by the loss of some cargo space due to the sloping roofline.

The bottom line is that I just ordered a 2020 Cayenne S Coupe in moonlight blue with the truffle brown/cohiba brown club leather interior. I also added dark walnut trim and a dark walnut steering wheel. IMO the combination looks great on the configurator. My dealer only had two 2020 coupes allocated to it and my car will more than likely be the first Cayenne coupe that they have seen. My car isnít due until May, 2020 and I will post pictures when I can. I ordered most every option that I could and the final cost is mind numbingly high but what the **** you only live once.

Any feedback, positive or critical about my choices is welcome. I do have a question for anyone who has experience with the 18 way adaptive sport front seats. I am wondering if a large man like myself will find them comfortable. I am 6í3Ē and 270lbs.
I can still revert back to the 14 way comfort seats before my order locks.

Thanks and happy driving and happy holidays to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 12-06-2019, 11:39 AM

Welcome.

I'd suggest a return to the dealer and see if they have a Cayenne with the sport seats available for you to try them on. The bolsters may be uncomfortable for you.
post #3 of 16 Old 12-06-2019, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

I think I will do that. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 12-08-2019, 10:37 AM

I recommend the 14-way seats. I have both 14s and 18s (Macan Turbo and Cayenne GTS). I'm 5'10", 185 lbs and the 18s are snug.
post #5 of 16 Old 12-08-2019, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. Thatís what I was afraid of.
post #6 of 16 Old 12-11-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukit View Post
I recommend the 14-way seats. I have both 14s and 18s (Macan Turbo and Cayenne GTS). I'm 5'10", 185 lbs and the 18s are snug.
I also don't like the 18-way seats. The bolsters are just too tight, but not where you'd expect them to be tight (in the butt area).
I am 6' 250 and my wife is 5'4" 110, and we both have (had) the same complaint: the bolsters hit us just above the knees, and we can't sit with our knees apart in a normal comfortable position.

We had to get out and take a walk after every hour in the seats - passenger OR driver.
We traded ours because of the seats. In retrospect, we could have bought some Recaro or other premium seats, but then we'd have an unsale-able car. We took the hit and went with 14 way.
We tried several other things to get comfy in the 18-way seats. Sheepskins, pillows, wedges - nothing could get rid of that bind on the lower thighs.
My 250# frame liked the butt space, but that wasn't the problem.

The narrowness up front also compromised my pedal action because my knees weren't in line with the pedals. 1/4 second delay on track days. Kind of like heel and toeing but it was knee and toeing.
post #7 of 16 Old 12-12-2019, 11:27 AM

If you do Facebook.... I run a huge Cayenne support group, with six resident Porsche Master Techs aboard:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1628...f=group_header
post #8 of 16 Old 12-16-2019, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the valuable information. I have changed my order to the 14 way comfort seats.
post #9 of 16 Old 12-24-2019, 05:35 AM

Garage
My Cayenne Coupe

Iíve had my Coupe for 2 weeks now and absolutely loving it, you will not be disappointed! The only niggle is that those in the back feel a little hemmed in as they have dropped the seats to protect headroom. Not a showstopper, especially for me as I doubt Iíll ever sit there.

The car replaced a 2017 718 Boxster, great fun but the Cayenne tech is better in every way, at least a generation better if not 2. Itís Crayon with black leather, I was nervous before it came but in the flesh itís a fantastic choice and suits the car well.

We have had a series of Land Rovers and I considered a RRS, my wife has a disco, but itís a bit heavy footed compared to the CC and the quality issues we put up with, character, would drive me nuts in my own car.

Suffice it to say that Iím confident that you will enjoy your choice
post #10 of 16 Old 12-24-2019, 02:34 PM

Hello @JonnyA, thank you for the report on the Coupe as you seem to be in the UK getting it early. Here in the US we are not expecting them until May of 2020. I would like to see if you could share the build code (or trim Base, S, Turbo. etc.) and some pictures of the exterior with Crayon color which is Chalk in the US the way I understand it. That's the color that I ordered for the 2020 Cayenne we are waiting to arrive in April. Many happy miles to you!

DELIVERED:2020 Cayenne Turbo | 03/26/2020 | PLS4FCA9 | Chalk/Graphite Blue/Chalk | Ceramic coat, tint, clear bra in progress...
LOVE: 2016 Macan Turbo | Carrara/LuxBeige | SD Pack | 21TD Summers | Bi-Xen in Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page