Oil check after 5000 miles? - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 01-29-2020, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Oil check after 5000 miles?

I have a new Cayenne S which has about 5000 miles on it. The light is coming on saying I need to change your oil in 23 days. Is it common to have the oil changed after such a short period of time? It is a 2019, I bought it in October. I ask as I took my Macan in for a 15,000 mile check up, and they charge me $1000. Iím new to this, and appreciate any insight.

Thank you!

John A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-01-2020, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnawe View Post
I have a new Cayenne S which has about 5000 miles on it. The light is coming on saying I need to change your oil in 23 days. Is it common to have the oil changed after such a short period of time? It is a 2019, I bought it in October. I ask as I took my Macan in for a 15,000 mile check up, and they charge me $1000. Iím new to this, and appreciate any insight.

Thank you!

John A
I thought first service was complimentary - what did they do to run up a $1000 tab?
post #3 of 5 Old 02-04-2020, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

The macan I bought used, so Iím assuming it wasnít considered first appointment. I do have a first appt for my cayenne and will inquire. The macan was a overall, perhaps 10000 mile checkup. Check fluids, brakes, replace,
wipers,....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 02-05-2020, 08:05 PM
gw7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnawe View Post
I have a new Cayenne S which has about 5000 miles on it. The light is coming on saying I need to change your oil in 23 days. Is it common to have the oil changed after such a short period of time? It is a 2019, I bought it in October. I ask as I took my Macan in for a 15,000 mile check up, and they charge me $1000. I’m new to this, and appreciate any insight.

Thank you!

John A
Brand new engine may need oil change. Dealer should comp. About your Macan, $1000, they charge what the market can bear. I'd find an indie. My 2018 Cayenne at indie is about $200, OEM parts.
post #5 of 5 Old 02-05-2020, 10:31 PM

Your service interval has timed out and needs to be reset.

It started at 365 days when new, or when PDI'd if the Dealer reset it then. (So you can estimate how long it sat, unsold, before you took possession.)
Ask your Dealer to reset the day counter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page