Porsche Cayenne 2002 to 2010 - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 03-15-2020, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Porsche Cayenne 2002 to 2010

Hi I am new here and hoping you can help
I have recently changed my front wiper motor and have gone to replace the wiper arms.
I have broken the plastic insert that sits under the main 2 connectors of the main blade. They have 2 little clips and sit proud underneath.
So this occurred when reinstalling the main blade.
1. Where can I get that part and does it have a part number, please remember I am in the U.K
2. If I canít get the part how do I find the main arm part number to buy a new one, as nothing seems to come up in google.
Hope you can help
Martin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-26-2020, 09:16 PM

Porsche Cayenne

I want to get a Porsche Cayenne for myself I did not use this car before I'm getting it for very little money from towing company the car engine has a slight error, you can tell me it would be OK to get this car
post #3 of 3 Old Today, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeshan View Post
I want to get a Porsche Cayenne for myself I did not use this car before I'm getting it for very little money from towing company the car engine has a slight error, you can tell me it would be OK to get this car

Zeeshan:

I would be very cautious of the vehicle if it's being sold at a low price by the towing company. Usually a low selling price equates to very high service cost. Be sure to get a pre-purchase inspection from a dealership or reputable independent Porsche shop. If the towing company isn't willing to let you get it inspected then I would save my money and walk away. There will always be another Cayenne available.

What is wrong with the engine? My 2009 Base Cayenne suddenly had a misfire at low RPM but ran fine at highway speed with 108k miles on the dial. Computer scan shows a camshaft angle sensor failure. Replaced the sensor for about $30 but still had the problem. Next scan showed a crankshaft angle sensor failure so I took it to the dealership. Turned out to be a timing chain problem. Engine, transmission and front drive system had to be dropped in order to replace the timing chain due to the engine design, (2009 V6 is a VW VR6 engine with timing chain in the back of the engine). Timing chain and hydraulic tensioners were replaced at a cost of $10k and the vehicle runs great now. Had I not just purchased the vehicle less than 1 year previously I wouldn't have fixed it. Talking to several other base Cayenne owners I have yet to meet one who has had to replace the timing chain so I was the "lucky" one I guess.

Other than that issue and the driveshaft bearing support failure, the Cayenne is a great vehicle and the best winter driving vehicle I have ever owned.

Shaun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page