2016 Cayenne; Catalytic Converter - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-20-2020, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

2016 Cayenne; Catalytic Converter

I recently (Nov.) bought a 2016 Cayenne; it is my first Porsche of any kind. Purchased it with 52K miles on it, currently has almost 56K. Have a major issue and was hoping to get some input. Was driving the other day and heard a loud pop, then it sounded like there was no muffler...it now sounds like a hot rod. I'm pretty sure the part that broke is my catalytic converter. I've circled the on that is now wiggling a bit, and the other picture was the best i could do to get underneath. Looks like it was just severed at the flange. I am waiting for the service department at my local Porsche dealer to call me back. I was reading the warranty manual, and i'm hoping that i'm reading it correctly and this is covered under the 8 year/80K mile warranty that mentions the catalytic converter. Any thoughts or has anyone experienced this same issue?

Any feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated. I hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy.

Randy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg converter.jpg (98.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg broken.jpg (41.1 KB, 7 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-22-2020, 06:12 PM

Iím not sure thatís catalytic converters. That looks more like an exhaust manifold flange. Parts that are emissions related are covered under an extended warranty so if the dealer catalogs it as catalytic or a covered emissions part, you may have it warrantied. Either way that looks like a pure part failure. Itís not wear and tear, physical damage etc.

Good luck; keep us posted.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-23-2020, 11:10 AM

I had a recent discussion with our dealer regarding the Cat. the cat attaches directly to the manifold as is in your picture, the flange is welded to the cat pipe on the inside and as yours has done breaks at the flange. So your definitely looking at the cat failure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-27-2020, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Talking Update!

Thanks for the feedback...I finally reached someone at the Porsche dealership and this in fact was the catalytic converter and it was broken at the flange as you mentioned. A few things that were lucky for me, first is that this was a warranty repair under the Emissions warranty. The second part, which is equally as great is I found out that my Cayenne is a CPO, which the dealer i purchased from did not mention to me, therefore i have a full warranty for almost another year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page