2014 Diesel Oil Leak - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-10-2020, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

2014 Diesel Oil Leak

I have a 2014 Diesel Cayenne that now has 74,000. At about 45,000, when changing the oil it was discovered the car had an oil leak. It was taken to the Porsche dealer and under warranty the engine was dropped, taken apart, and resealed.

Since then, every 5,000 miles, when changing the oil, I discover that the engine is still leaking so I have returned it to the Porsche dealer to again repair each time. It has now been repaired 4 additional times, for a total of 5 times.

I happen to know the tech at the Porsche dealer who did this last repair. He actually had to do it twice on this visit. I suspect he was not paid for the second attempt at resealing one side of the engine and that is why he has told me, I need to just accept that these engines leak and they can't really be repaired. Once the engine is opened up from the factory seal, they are never able to get it sealed back up permanently.

I feel like I am being shamed into not seeking to have the car repaired if it leaks again because since it is warranty work, and a return, the techs are either not being paid to repair it again, or they are being paid very little for all the time they have to spend on diagnosis, part ordering, and warranty paperwork.

So my questions are 1) Anyone else had this experience? 2) Is it your experience that your Diesel can never be really repaired not to leak 3) What advice would give me? I happen to love the car. I get 37 miles to the gallon on the highway, 23 when I tow my track car on my feather-light trailer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-26-2020, 06:11 PM

Where is the leaking coming from? My '14CD is in for major surgery, leak at upper oil pan to crankcase. Warranty repair in progress...
post #3 of 3 Old 10-26-2020, 06:30 PM

Forgot to post the picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F0B829C3-FF11-4467-B3E2-FB682069AFEA_1603747798568.jpg (64.2 KB, 2 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page