Bluetooth connections - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-02-2021, 06:04 AM Thread Starter

Bluetooth connections

Hi. This is my first Cayenne. 2012 V6 diesel. I can connect Android to PCM 3.1 and play music but can use as a phone. It also disconnects when I lock the car which means I have to re connect every time. Is there an help out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-06-2021, 07:32 PM

Unfortunately that's how it works in the 2011 to 2016 model years as far as I know. The PCM was updated for the 2017 model year though and may have fixed this, but I cannot confirm this. My 2011 does the same. This was fixed in the 2019 and on models.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-14-2021, 12:23 PM

2016 Cayenne Base. iPhone 8. Connects every time and use of phone also works. Wife's phone connects just fine as well (iPhone 7). The one thing I don't like is it reverts to the AM/FM tuner each time I start the car. I have to wait a couple of minutes then select my Bluetooth device. Kind of a pain. Our 2015 Ford Edge with Sync remembers the last chosen media source.

Here is my suggestion. If you know someone with another Android phone, pair it and see if it remains paired. If it does then the problem is your phone. If it doesn't then find someone with an iPhone, pair and see if it remains paired. If it doesn't problem is the PCM, if it does then problem is PCM pairing with Androids. From there you'd have two options. See if there is a software upgrade from the dealer that may fix the issue or switch to iPhone. Sadly either choice may cost you about a grand. LOL. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page