2015 Cayenne Diesel oil change - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 09-06-2015, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

2015 Cayenne Diesel oil change

I have a 2015 Cayenne Diesel and would like to perform my own oil change/add blue service. I normally perform all my own oil changes on my other cars in the past, so have some experience.
1. Has anyone performed the oil change from underneath without ramps?
2. If using ramps, which brand do you recommend? ie, tires are wide along with heavier vehicle weight.
3. I have tried to locate an oil dipstick for REFERENCE only, but they must be made of gold and stored at Fort Knox. Absolutely no dealer will help in locating one! I know you can check the OBC, but come on, you can't provide a dipstick to stay home in the already provided ds tube? You can bet no Porsche mechanic is going to wait around until you get the OBC reading. Nevertheless, one of my other car's dipstick fits and allows me to get a reference reading.
4. I am not worried about the service reset, unless the dealer will reset for free.

Thanks to all who can respond! Cay15
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-26-2020, 09:40 PM

Good evening,
I just bought a 2015 Cayenne Diesel. Haven't done an oil change yet, but I also own 2011 diesel Toureg which I've done the oil change on. I can't see that there is any difference as the two engines are similar. I use ramps to get under it as it's easier to get to the oil drain plug. There are videos on YouTube that are also very helpful to watch before you change the oil. I've found them to be very useful. Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page