Check Engine Light - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-13-2019, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Check Engine Light

I had my Intermediate Service performed at 100,628 miles. It was performed by a Porsche dealer. I have a 2004 Cayenne. I now have 103,133 miles.
I am seeing the service in 200 miles message. My check engine light is on without fault codes. I did take my gas cap off and tighten it.
Does anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-19-2019, 12:02 AM

Garage
It may be a loose oxygen sensor - just loose enough to activate the light but not throw a code. I'm experiencing an identical situation on my '99 Toyota 4Runner. The check engine light has been on for about five (5) years! I've had folks from Autozone read it, along with mechanics at the Toyota dealership, automotive instructors at the nearby technical college, and nothing ever shows up. Several years ago, I had all the rubber tubes replaced, thinking there might have been a pinhole leak in one of them, and I disconnected the battery for a couple of days to see if it would clear or reset.
(That lasted about 2 weeks and the light was back on). My gas mileage hasn't dropped, so I just ignore it......

If your performance isn't affected ignore it - or as someone told me "put a little bit of black electrical tape over it" ...

I've traveled all over the world, and nothing opens the door to conversation faster than saying "I have a Porsche"
post #3 of 3 Old 06-26-2019, 06:42 PM

What type of reader are using to determine "no codes"? If it's not the Porsche factory reader then you don't know for sure if there are codes or not. There are a number of aftermarket readers which for the most part can only read the industry standard exhaust fault codes and can't read the extended Porsche fault codes. My reader wasn't showing codes, but the dealer had fuel pressure issue codes. I'm at 158k miles on a 2012 and my light is starting to go on and off occasionally. Thinking about splurging on the factory reader.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in