2006 Cayenne Base stereo replacement - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 06-23-2020, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

2006 Cayenne Base stereo replacement

Hello all,

I have a 2006 Base model Cayenne and the stereo receiver seems to be on its last leg. I am looking to replace it myself with something more modern. Are there any options that would be easy to install? ie- a replacement stereo receiver that is the same size as the original?

The sound and track knobs are both sticky and it seems like the coating is starting to melt! I also have the same thing happening to the backseat ashtray covers. I am assuming someone knows what this is? Is it really melting coating that becomes sticky?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-12-2020, 06:33 PM

Wish I could be more helpful but there are lots of options for the HU. It depends on the one that you have to replace so you'll have to do your own research...

As for the sticky knobs, try using some nail polish remover on the radio knobs and the ashtray covers...worked perfectly for me.

HOWEVER, do NOT try to use npr on the steering wheel controls because the plastic under the coating is WHITE!! Since the buttons had lots of scratches and looked like A**, I searched for replacements but discovered you have to replace the ENTIRE airbag to refresh those control buttons ($700...WTH?!?). After looking around for an alternative, I found some vinyl stickers (I needed beige but they have black too) on eBay for approx. $25. I was skeptical but they look really decent after applying carefully...

Last edited by ViolinARC; 11-12-2020 at 06:35 PM.
post #3 of 3 Old 01-12-2021, 10:17 PM

this is a good car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page