Just had my 150,000 mile service (2012 S Hybrid) - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-05-2019, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Just had my 150,000 mile service (2012 S Hybrid)

Just had my 2012 Cayenne S Hybrid in for its 150,000 mile service (153,XXX on the odometer). This vehicle has been in service for 87 months since we bought it new.

I'm was a bit shocked in that I asked the dealer to pay extra attention to the battery and brakes since the car still has its original factory battery and the current set of brakes pads have 92k miles on them. I figured that's kind of an invitation for them to run the bill up on me if either are even close to needing replacement. Surprisingly, they claimed both are still good for now. Brakes still have 5mm on them and the battery shows 12.8V under load of vehicle in the on position but not started/running. I just find it insane that in car with that much mileage and that many years on the original battery they wouldn't recommend replacing it. I would be curious to hear how much life other people have managed to get out of their batteries?

The car has been so much more reliable than I thought it would be when my wife originally bought it. The 6 year 100,000 mile extended warranty ended up being worthless (they complexity of the hybrid system alone pushed me to purchase my first ever extended warranty). The only unscheduled maintenance performed in the 7 years....at 110,000 miles I had to have the fuel tank level sender relay replaced and I just had the fuel pressure regulator and tank flanges replaced on this service visit.

Dealer says the car is in good shape. No fluid leaks from any of the seals. Dry and clean as a whistle underneath. I generally burn a quart of oil every 3000-4000 miles. I find oil burn is very closely associated with long sustained highway drives with no traffic where I can cruise around 85mph which gets the oil temp up around 215. If the oil temp stays down around 205 oil burn is much slower.

I did make the mistake of asking them what the 160,000 mile service would cost as it is comprehensive. They quoted me $3600 (versus normal 10k service interval charge of $650). They also said the battery replacement service would be $750. Starting to wonder if I need to find a good non-dealer Porsche mechanic? There’s a DIY battery change instruction on Rennlist that looks fairly straight forward that would knock that bill down by $500.

I figure I'm looking at a minimum of $6500 in maintenance if nothing breaks in the next year. The snow tires that just came off the car will need to be replaced next winter in addition to the services above. If anything else breaks, my maintenance bill is going to start looking like a car payment. Do I try to put 200k-250k on the car or just say thanks and move on?

Would be curious to hear other people's mileage levels and non-routine mechanical maintenance needed. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-27-2019, 07:20 PM

No transfer cases replaced ever? do not fall for $3600 take it to independent mechanic or do some of it yourself - oil change, spark plugs etc.
If you are in NY I can help you with spark plugs - coils come up very hard - I just did them 2 weeks ago, was intimidating at first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page