2009 957 Base Model - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-16-2020, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
2009 957 Base Model

I have a line on a 2009 957 base model that has a number of the options, is a one-owner vehicle with right at 100,000 miles on the odometer. I have a build sheet, as well as the CARFAX. The dealer that has the vehicle, while not a Porsche dealer, specializes in high end vehicles (Porsche, Maserati, Jaguar, Bentley, Aston Martin) and has its own service department. If anyone has a similar model, or knows of any problems, etc., with the 2009, I'd appreciate hearing from them. All of the recalls have been completed, and the car seems to be in excellent condition.....but one never knows....

I've traveled all over the world, and nothing opens the door to conversation faster than saying "I have a Porsche"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-16-2020, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
NO SALE............

Always take an inspection sheet with you.......it might give the sales people fits, but hey, you're the one spending the money to buy the car....

I discovered on this 2009 Cayenne (base model):
Severe pitting and corrosion on unpainted aluminum brackets, etc. in the engine compartment.
Rust on brake, exhaust, and suspension components underneath the car.
The back off the driver's seat was missing.
The panoramic sunroof had cracks in two sections: One, a small impact mark that caused a large spider web crack over half of the section, and Two, a side to side crack through the center of the glass section.
The paint was flaking off the lower plastic front bumper, and there were hail dents in the hood.

Be critical - it's your money!!!

I've traveled all over the world, and nothing opens the door to conversation faster than saying "I have a Porsche"
post #3 of 3 Old 05-20-2020, 06:11 PM

#1 problem is transfer case issues. Ours have had two failures. About $3800 to fix at Porsche dealership. Inquire if that has been replaced. The replacement will eventually fail as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page