Cargo Width - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-13-2021, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

Cargo Width

Not sure how much traffic this forum gets, but we pick up our 2012 Cayenne (Base model) on Saturday and will be immediately taking it skiing. The one we are getting has no roof rails, no hitch, and we will have four passengers (Including the driver). There is not enough time to arrange purchase of any add-on racks, etc. I'm well versed in what is available for the vehicle, that's not the direction I wish this thread to take.

Could someone please measure (or point me to specs of) the rear cargo area width, or diagonal dimensions even (could even be rear left on the floor up to right (almost) to the rear right passenger's shoulder).

Basically, I'm interested in whether or not I can fit some 176cm skis in the back without coming over the rear seat. I suppose it's possible that they will have to protrude between the two kids in the back seat, but wondered if someone could give me a better idea of what I'm dealing with since I don't have the car for several more days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old Yesterday, 01:09 AM

There is a pass-thru between the rear seats that will work just fine and keep the skis low.
I have a brand new set of Thule bars and feet made for a 2012 Cayenne, still in the box and never used that I would be willing to sell.
post #3 of 3 Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvanderclock View Post
There is a pass-thru between the rear seats that will work just fine and keep the skis low.
I have a brand new set of Thule bars and feet made for a 2012 Cayenne, still in the box and never used that I would be willing to sell.
Thanks for your response! I had stored (incorrectly) in my head that the rear seat was a 40/60! A pass through would make that much easier while I sort out the roof rack.

Which feet/bars do you have? I'm looking for the (less desirable) square bar setup as I have too many things to replace if I switch to the aero bars. Since I don't plan on leaving them on all of the time, I can put up with the wind/aero issues that will arise when I do put the bar on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page