I will be ordering a 2019 Cayenne S in the next few months . . . Many thanks to those who read this, and, perhaps who try to answer any questions. :-)
Like all, I do have a few questions that you may want to tackle. Please check out my configuration code here to see what I have planned to buy:
1. When looking at videos and photos, the horizontal front grill bars are the color of the car. However, if you look at the graphics (360 degree view), except for the top most lighted bars on my configuration, they are all pretty much dark, particularly for the white-bodied selection. This can be confusing, and they is a separate configuration pick (about $3,600) to darken these front grill bars.
2. The graphics shows the 22 inch wheels, however, the rubber tires show 21 inches. Is this a mistake, or will the 22 inch wheels take 21 inch tires?
3. There is an article that I read that the “LED-Matrix Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus" are not programmed as they might be in Europe. Whenever it is approved, can these be updated via software?
4. When selecting the Burmester audio system, it comes with somewhat tacky silver screens for the four primary speakers. With the black/red interior, these covers are red if you get Bose. I had red covers on my last Porsche car, so I guess I will try to ask for the red covers. It would be worth asking, I guess.
5. I have heard it takes up to 12-18 weeks to order. I know that EPA may have changed this recently with their approvals, so hopefully, there should be good news coming.
6. If I order and pay BEFORE some US tariff on European cars is approved, will I and others have to play this later? Should China be settled first before it may come to Europe?
7. I understand that most Cayennes, about 80%, are bought from what the dealer has, only 20% are bought from their own choosing of options. My last Porsche had most all of the performance options, but rarely does the dealer cars have these. In their view, it's all about brandname and looks. Your thoughts?