From a Macan to a Cayenne - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 10-23-2019, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

From a Macan to a Cayenne

Being slow on technology, a couple of days ago I posted the following on a thread that ended a yr ago. After calling me an idiot, one of my boys suggested that I move it to a more current location, so here I am again. I've had a Macan Turbo since their 1st yr out of the box ('15) and it has been an unbelievable car! Needing a bit more room to carry passengers and cargo, I've ordered a Cayenne S. Can anyone shed light on your experience moving from the smaller to the larger SUV?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 10-23-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltonPorsche View Post
Being slow on technology, a couple of days ago I posted the following on a thread that ended a yr ago. After calling me an idiot, one of my boys suggested that I move it to a more current location, so here I am again. I've had a Macan Turbo since their 1st yr out of the box ('15) and it has been an unbelievable car! Needing a bit more room to carry passengers and cargo, I've ordered a Cayenne S. Can anyone shed light on your experience moving from the smaller to the larger SUV?

You've already ordered a Cayenne and paid a deposit? If so what are your ordered options?
post #3 of 8 Old 10-23-2019, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Yes, I ordered a Cayenne last week. I stayed with similar options that I have on my Macan- PASM/PDCC/Sports Chrono Package/Assistance Package/Premium Package Plus/ heated steering wheel/the Burmester sound system/roof rails and towing hitch. Added the surface coated brakes in white and rear axle steering. To cut down on road noise, I ordered the 21" wheels as opposed to the 22"'s. I have the 21's on my Macan and they can be quite loud. I'm hoping with the larger vehicle size of the Cayenne, the 21's will be a bit quieter. Color wise, I went with the Biscay Blue for the exterior and the Graphite Blue/Chalk in the inside. A couple of minor tweaks here and there, but basically this is it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 10-24-2019, 09:10 PM
gw7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltonPorsche View Post
Yes, I ordered a Cayenne last week. I stayed with similar options that I have on my Macan- PASM/PDCC/Sports Chrono Package/Assistance Package/Premium Package Plus/ heated steering wheel/the Burmester sound system/roof rails and towing hitch. Added the surface coated brakes in white and rear axle steering. To cut down on road noise, I ordered the 21" wheels as opposed to the 22"'s. I have the 21's on my Macan and they can be quite loud. I'm hoping with the larger vehicle size of the Cayenne, the 21's will be a bit quieter. Color wise, I went with the Biscay Blue for the exterior and the Graphite Blue/Chalk in the inside. A couple of minor tweaks here and there, but basically this is it.
Please see my post on

https://www.cayenneforums.com/forum/...o-atlanta.html
post #5 of 8 Old 12-27-2019, 03:35 PM

Hi @MiltonPorsche, nice build. I wonder if your order is for the 2020 model and what is your expected ETA. I also have a 16 Macan Turbo and now getting the new Cayenne after having the 2014 Base that was way more comfortable than the Macan but way underpowered in a Base form. Cayenne S sounds like the sweet spot of the bunch and it does use the engine shared with the new Macan Turbo and should be very smooth and powerful although smaller in size (2.9L vs. 3.6L in the first gen Macan Turbo). Also, if you have your build code that would be great as well to see your build on the configurator.

DELIVERED:2020 Cayenne Turbo | 03/26/2020 | PLS4FCA9 | Chalk/Graphite Blue/Chalk | Ceramic coat, tint, clear bra in progress...
LOVE: 2016 Macan Turbo | Carrara/LuxBeige | SD Pack | 21TD Summers | Bi-Xen in Black
post #6 of 8 Old 01-01-2020, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Yes, itís a 2020. Should be here in early March. Sorry, but I donít have my build but happy to answer any questions. Congrats on your turbo! Thatís a great color combo.
post #7 of 8 Old 01-05-2020, 08:45 AM

I just went from a 2016 Macan to a 2019 Cayenne. The extra space is really nice.

Things I don’t like:

- Brakes. Make way too much noise. Squealing and crunching. Annoying and embarrassing.

- Cannot control radio from the steering wheel like you could on the Macan. This is such a basic feature of most every car on the road today it’s hard to understand the logic in removing this functionality.

- Cannot deactivate auto start/stop like you could on Macan. Must do every time you start vehicle.

- Cannot dim tach display with rest of instrument cluster and cannot dim any dash lights while driving. Tach is too bright and seems to dim with the car’s interior lights while the screens to either side of the tach dim with the instrument cluster control. Is the tach not part of the instrument cluster? The dimming of the flanking screens is hardly noticeable.

- Rear hatch closure. Two buttons on underside of hatch. One closes without locking car, other closes and locks car. The one that's supposed to close and lock car never works properly and is a well known issue. Press button, hatch will partially close and stop. Press again, hatch will close a little more and stop again.

- Reverse mirror tilt feature does not work properly. Mirror will tilt and will not return once you drive forward. Sometimes it does and other times, it has to be manually reset. Several are trying to isolate the issue so it can be fixed.

I’m hoping these items will be realistically addressed. Otherwise, I’ll be back in a Macan or something similar from another manufacturer.
post #8 of 8 Old 01-08-2020, 07:20 PM

Do you have the ceramic brake option by chance? A friend of mine had it on his Cayman and the screeching was awful!

As for the rear hatch closing issue. I have a similar issue, albeit on a 2012, with the Comfort Key option but have isolated the problem. If you push the lock button, all the other doors need to be closed already and you have to walk away from the car after pushing the button. If you stand there, the key fob is too close to the car with a direct open line between the key through the open rear hatch which confuses the bluetooth sensor into thinking the key is still in the car. Give that a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page