Porsche Cayenne Forums banner

2019 Cayenne Turbo Brakes

6K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  TurboCoop 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone

This is my first post. Long story short, I own a 2019 Custom order Cayenne Turbo. I received it in July of 2019. Since then my vehicle has been serviced 3 times for 30 days for its brakes that won't stop squealing. Also, my InnoDrive system burned out after 2 months and then again a month later.

Since my last brake service I was told that my brakes are high performance and that brake noise is a normal part of owning a Porsche. I filed an arbitration with PCNA and CAP-Motors and my hearing is August 7. PCNA maintains that this noise is normal from the high performance brakes. I am posting this because when I test drove the vehicle prior to ordering I never heard this noise. I also own an Audi RS5 that does not make this noise. I have driven a Ferrari F430, G-Wagon AMG, M5, 911 Turbo and many more high end cars none of which make this noise. PCNA offered me 10k to dismiss the arbitration and they would also try and fix the problem. I would have to sign an agreement that could prevent me from ever dealing with the issue. I am going out on a limb here and need help.

I do not think this is normal and if it is I feel mislead by Porsche brand. I am asking if I could get responses to this thread by Friday my hearing is at 1PM. I want to know if anyone can post videos of the brakes of the 2019 or equivalent turbo. If all brakes make this noise then fine, if not then the question is... Is everyone else abnormal since this is supposed to be normal or is my car abnormal?

I want to upload videos but I don't know how on here

I created a link to my Instagram to show the brake noise. Please help me with this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDW6pYdBYjH/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

See less See more
#2 ·
According to my attorney: arbitration = bend over, grab your knees.

PCNA maintains that this noise is normal from the high performance brakes.
Of course. Every malfunction is normal according to PCNA.

PCNA offered me 10k to dismiss the arbitration and they would also try and fix the problem. I would have to sign an agreement that could prevent me from ever dealing with the issue. I am going out on a limb here and need help.
You did better. My problems PCNA offered me 5k.

You need to find a good attorney ASAP. Should be cost neutral to you.

#5 ·
Squealing when braking is NOT normal! Just DIY replaced my front rotors (Zimmerman) and pads (Meyle) on my '06 Cayenne...used anti-squeal on the contact points and absolutely quiet with good bite! Maybe learn how to twist a wrench?? It's really not that difficult if you watch a thorough DIY on YouTube...

EDIT: BTW, it's Ceramic (not "ceramical") brake pads...iirc

#6 · (Edited)
It seems to me that the porsche Cayenne turbo has an eternal problem with the brake system. I also have problems with my brake system, and how many times have I been to the Porsche Center, they always repair, and after a while the same problem occurs again. In my opinion, it is not normal for such a class to have such problems, because first of all, the price of the car speaks about it. I'm a little disappointed with the porsche, but I still don't want to change this model because I'm in love with this car. On this site georgiatrialfirm.com I found a few people who also have this model, and because of the brake system, they got into an accident.

#7 · (Edited)
Hi All, I have read through the posts and my issue is a little different. I have a 2020 Cayenne Turbo with PSCB. My brakes squeal AFTER I have completed a stop, when I start to accelerate at low speeds. It sounds like metal on metal until I get up to about 25 mph then it goes away. Starts back up as soon as I complete a stop at the next stop sign when I start to accelerate again. Doesn’t squeak when my foot is on the brake, only happens when brake is release and i start accelerating. It is DRIVING ME MAD! Took it to one dealer, they ended up having my car for 3 weeks trying to figure it out. They ended up replacing all my brakes (or so they said, don’t know what actual components were replaced). Seemed to help for a few weeks then here we are, squeaking again. Took it to another dealer, they said it might be road debris or pebbles getting stuck between rotor and pads. Been going on a year! Help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.