Adding a back-up camera - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 06-30-2018, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Bill-banger Send a message via MSN to Bill-banger Send a message via Yahoo to Bill-banger
Adding a back-up camera

For those Cayenne owners that don't have the factory back-up camera, there is a fix that uses the PCM screen and works just like the factory unit with one minor exception. MaxSpeedMotorsports.com has a kit that will get you going for around $300 and you don't even need to go to the dealer for coding, they will rent you the coding tool. I installed one on my Cayman and it will work on Cayennes as well. There is a piggy-back plug that goes into the back of the PCM unit and then you run the wires back to the tag light where the camera mounts. It will be a little more involved on the Cayenne because of the tailgate but I think anyone with a modicum of mechanical talent can handle it, and most all stereo shops could do the work too. The only diferences are: 1. The camera replaces one of the two lights over the tag(a new light is included) so it isn't exactly centered, and 2. the lines on the screen don't curve when you back to either side. I find this is no big deal on my Cayman and it is great for that car because of the limited rear visibility. I have no affiliation with the shop, just a satisfied customer. Check out their website or give Nello a call as he is super helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-11-2019, 01:26 PM

I switched my factory radio out using a wiring harness that let me utilize the factory radio amps and steering controls. I did it for the apple car play. It also allowed me to add a camera in the front and rear. Put the car in reverse and the rear camera comes on. Switch to drive and the front camera comes on for about 10 secs or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page