Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum (https://www.cayenneforums.com/forum/)
-   Porsche Cayenne Lounge (https://www.cayenneforums.com/forum/porsche-cayenne-lounge/)
-   -   Children and realistic violence in video games (https://www.cayenneforums.com/forum/porsche-cayenne-lounge/22754-children-realistic-violence-video-games.html)

JessiF 09-24-2020 05:41 AM

Children and realistic violence in video games

I find it interesting that violence in video games is something that the MSM carefully shields our youngsters from. Also, hunting is depicted as cruel and inhuman. Yet my 5 year is read books about homosexuality in school and every other type of degeneracy supposedly enhances his life.

Could realistic violence in video games actually be beneficial, much like hunting? Have we grown so soft that we think violence is always a negative thing? Should we not take our kids hunting? Should we not expose them to violence that is so common in our world?

My delima: I'm considering playing a rated "M" video game with my 5 year old. It's about a futuristic Washington D.C. where everything is totally destroyed and you have to struggle to survive. It's called Fallout 3.

MorrisonRMR 09-25-2020 07:13 AM

Video games nowadays can have a great impact on our kids development. So we need to take care of them, because you don't know what he can have in his head after he passed hours and hours in front of the PC shooting in other players or playing games like GTA. Personally I was in school when GTA V appeared and I passed it in one week, I lost connection with reality and the real world seemed to be strange for me. Now I am playing CSGO and I learned how to sell csgo skins in order to make some money, I am big enough and I think I have more impact on this game than this game on me.

JessiF 09-25-2020 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MorrisonRMR (Post 39310)
Video games nowadays can have a great impact on our kids development. So we need to take care of them, because you don't know what he can have in his head after he passed hours and hours in front of the PC shooting in other players or playing games like GTA. Personally I was in school when GTA V appeared and I passed it in one week, I lost connection with reality and the real world seemed to be strange for me. Now I am playing CSGO and I learned how to sell csgo skins in order to make some money, I am big enough and I think I have more impact on this game than this game on me.

How you learn to make money on skins, trading?