2011 V6 Porsche Cayenne overheating problem - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 04-26-2018, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

2011 V6 Porsche Cayenne overheating problem

hello, thank you all
I have a 2011 Porsche Cayenne 2011 V6 engine.
108000 miles on the clock
three months ago the car started to overheat, the temp gauge goes near the 250 red line, then the fan kicks on high speed, and the temp drops to 200, it stays there until i shut off the car.
it usually happened on higher speeds, such as 20 miles drive on the highway at 65-70mph (110km/h). if i go inside the city it usually does not happened, however i have had it also in the city at 35-45mph before. When it goes high and i can hear the fan kicks on high speed, it drops it back to 200, i usually drive slower until it gets there.
I went to the dealership, they decided its the fans, claiming the fan wont go on low speed, sounded odd, but they promised warranty for the problem so I paid 3000 dollars for it.
200 miles later i noticed its back, this time it is even worse, it can happened twice or more in the same drive. I called them to schedule a drop off.
On the way to them the temp went high, to the 250 but this time it didn't want to go down, so i had to decrease the speed, get out of the highway, drive 35 and let it drop to 200 again, i towed the car to them
The dealership seems to not find anything wrong with the car, they claim it works fine, two weeks already, i have pictures to prove it, i contacted them several times, but they say nothing is wrong with the car. however, the moment i take it from the dealership, it happens again.
what can be the problem? as porsche doesn't seem to want or able to fix the problem, especially not cover it in the warranty they promised me when i paid 3000 dollars to fix it.
thanks, as it seems like you're the only source i have to solve the problem, or try another dealership and claim the costs in court afterwards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-04-2018, 09:50 PM

That sounds like a mess. Is the car new to you? If not, do you have service records? And a 7 year old car with 108k on the clock... getting warranty service ... I hope you got that in writing! Bummer days. I cant see why good Porsche service is so hard to come by. What stealership are you using?
post #3 of 5 Old 05-05-2018, 09:23 AM

Hello srackster. Was the cooling system serviced at some time before this issue surfaced? I have the same vehicle and I experienced a similar issue after having a coolant hose replaced at the local Porsche dealership. They eventually diagnosed it as an air pocket somewhere in the cooling system. After several flushes, the temperature spiking was finally resolved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 06-11-2018, 09:45 PM

Did you find a resolution to your overheating problem? Just curious. I'm looking at buying a V6 Cayenne and doing some research on problems before I take the plunge.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-29-2018, 07:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to Bill-banger Send a message via MSN to Bill-banger Send a message via Yahoo to Bill-banger
I'm betting there's an air pocket as itgrunt suspects, sounds like that sort of behavior. Go to a goid Indy garage and get the coolant topped up correctly, then take the Bill to the Porsche dealer for reimbursement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page