2019 Cayenne S ENGINE FAILURE - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 12-24-2019, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Angry 2019 Cayenne S ENGINE FAILURE

I have only 12,737 miles on my car, driving on the highway at 70 MPH the check engine light comes on. Car sounds like a street racer, i pull off the first off ramp and the light goes off but the sound is Loud. Thought maybe the exhaust blew out. The time i drove like 5 blocks the engine shut off. Could NOT restart. Called Roadside and the flat bed took it to a dealer on Sunday. I was 4 hours from home and I ended up with a Nissan loaner to drive. Headed home and LATE Monday after many calls to this dealership (long way from home) they told me Porsche wanted more diagnostics. Fast forward 3 days or more and NOW Porsche is expressing a new engine in parts to be installed. Was it an internal bearing failure that acted like Shrapnel thought the engine and destroyed it. NO oil leaks, NO oil pan damage to suggest anything was there. TOTAL engine failure and now it is week two without the car. HAS anyone heard of this. I did get a comment from the mechanic at the dealership that Porsche was not surprised at this. SUCH a comment scares me to say the least.
comments from anyone would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-06-2020, 08:51 PM

Did you ask the dealer what the failure was? Sure would help if we knew what caused the failure. I would think the car is too new to be the timing bolts issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page