Windshield crack - Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-23-2016, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

Windshield crack

A small rock (about an inch) hit the windshield... and left a small crack. Since then the crack has extended to about foot in length. I have three options for replacement and I am looking for advice from someone who had one replaced Cayenne windshield.

1) Safelite aftermarket for $650
2) Safelite OEM part for $1800
3) Porsche Dealership replacement for $2100

I understand that Porsche does not manufacture glass nor do their dealerships install the glass. They purchase part and have 3rd party do installation. I am leaning towards $650 aftermarket glass and i understand it wont have Porsche logo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-12-2020, 05:07 AM

I think that the best variant is the Safelite OEM part for $1800 because the aftermarket cant offers you a good product. You do not know how long it was used and how durable is the glass. I wouldn't risk.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-12-2020, 09:07 AM

I replaced mine through the dealer who used a local installer. I have full coverage glass insurance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-14-2020, 02:59 AM

That's good that you have full coverage glass insurance. I was not so lucky. Frankly speaking, everything new is always much safer and better quality than what has already been used by someone. To cut it short, once I had to change my window for a used one deciding to economize my funds. Indeed, it was scratched, but this didn't bother me. More than all, I found guys https://www.unscratchthesurface.com/...n-resurfacing/ who perfectly helped to restore it and stole all the scratches. But after my wife parked in the yard, it cracked and smashed at all.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-18-2020, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTucker1983 View Post
That's good that you have full coverage glass insurance. I was not so lucky. Frankly speaking, everything new is always much safer and better quality than what has already been used by someone. To cut it short, once I had to change my window for a used one deciding to economize my funds. Indeed, it was scratched, but this didn't bother me. More than all, I found guys https://www.unscratchthesurface.com/...n-resurfacing/ who perfectly helped to restore it and stole all the scratches. But after my wife parked in the yard, it cracked and smashed at all.
Do these guys provide discounts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page