Porsche Cayenne Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings dear members !

I have always been a Mercedes fan. bought lots of different models through years including the legendary E500 (W124) which was v limited production sports sedan built with technical partnership of Porsche I can tell u was a blast to drive . lately I have been in love with Mercedes classic cars ie. after 35 yrs regarded as classic or even antique !! I am sure the Mercedes 450SEL 6.9 edition dosent need any introductions. its based on the common 450SEL (W116) chassis but the similarites end there!! It was also built in limited numbers it was the fastest 4 door sedan of the 70's with 6.9 litre MB engine made 286HP & over 400 lbs-ft of Torque (EURO VERSION) at that time was phenomenal . official road test claimes 0-60 of 7.2 and estimated top speed of 135mph . to find a clean 6.9 is v rare today most are not road worthy and even if price looks to low be true . I have bought a low miles showroom condition 1979 6.9 not cheap for sure at $ 41,000 one can buy brand new full size luxury SUV but again this is a classic rare Mercedes in as new condition so comparing not applicable. buying it from U.S. but processing & shipping takes time it should arrive here in Beirut approx between 2nd & 3rd week of next september . I am v excited to add this jewel to my fleet. archived 1977 car & driver road test http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ived-road-test

1 - 1 of 1 Posts