Porsche Cayenne Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Hoping to get some feedback on my first Cayenne from the the pros! Which one do I get?!! Here are the critical deciding factors:

2011 Tiptronic -$44,000

* 25K miles
* 2 yr warranty from dealer
* sunroof
* 20" wheels (like them)

2012 Hybrid - $49,000
* 35k miles
* 8 mo warranty
* Panoramic roof
* 21" wheels (love them)
* smaller cargo space (3cu.ft.)

All other options (NAV etc) are identical....any help or comments are greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
1 Posts
I personally likes hybrid better, but keep in mine that 21" tires coat $300+ each, a step done to 20" cost so much less,

·
Registered
13 Posts
$300 is cheap compared to a tire for a Turbo. I ran a nail through one of the 21's on my '13 Turbo and it exceeded $600 by the time it was all said and done. Michelin tire I think.
If tire pressure is kept exact the tires go far beyond the rated mileage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I spoke with my neighbor last night. He had a '12 hybrid so here are a couple more observations from him. By the way, he replaced it with a new Cayenne turbo for his wife to drive.

The single biggest complaint he had with the hybrid was the brakes. When the brakes were applied normal or slightly below normal braking was experienced. When more pressure was applied to the brake pedal significantly greater braking occurred...more than would normally be expected. This resulted in his wife being concerned about this seeming unpredictability and she quit driving it.

He said the transition from standard braking to regenerative braking was too fast and extreme to be comfortable driving in city traffic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Stay away from the early Cayenne Hybrids. The brakes are quirky when they go from regenerative mode to full on braking. My neighbor dumped his hybrid for that one reason. Porsche cannot fix that quirk either.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have to disagree about the braking. Its just something that takes getting used to, the same way you have to get used to how much pedal force will result in the gasoline engine kicking back in when you are driving on battery power. Overall, I find the braking power on the hybrid to be stronger than the non-hybrid service loaners I get. If there is any complaint about braking, its the loss of regenerative braking pressure when the battery pack is at 100% full charge; it is noticeable. Also, the regenerative braking adds life to brake pads. I had to insist my dealer change my original brake pads at 60,000 miles even though the wear sensors hadn't triggered yet. After they took them out, they estimated at least another 2-3k miles left on them. That's insane for a car that weighs almost 5000 pounds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts