Porsche Cayenne Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

I have just brought a 2003 V8 S Cayenne. Its burning alot of oil. It creates ALOT of smoke :mad: .There is also a ticking noise when it warms up. I have taken to AMG and they have put new spark and coil packs. They have told me the compression for the pistons is 110psi on all of them. It pulls as it should do performance is as it should be. It is just the smoke i am concerned about. Can anybody help with things to test or to try as a priority?HELP

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check the valve seals for oil leaks. This will be a costly repair, but i suggest having the upper part of the engine rebuilt at the same time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You could have a scored cylinder. Which will let oil into the combustion chamber thus causing your smoke. The only way to check for this with out tearing your motor apart is get a borescope and look through the spark plug holes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
porshe cayanne 2003 4.5

hi m8 I also have the same model and its just started misfiring and engine management light has come on, had it checked and it read cylinder 5 problem, checked it and there were signs of oil on spark plug, coil packs ok, opinion was an engine strip down to replace oil rings at a cost of 5000.00 after leaving the garage mine also had heavy smoke for an hour its been 2 days now no more smoke but still misfiring and engine light still on. will get more opinions. regards Tony 07973 223863

1 - 4 of 4 Posts