Porsche Cayenne Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello nice to meet all of you sorry it's under this situation. We recently acquired a 2008 cayenne turbo. After hardly driving it my mechanic took it for a ride with me to see if he felt anything or thought there were any issue to address. I am a maint freak on out vehicles especially the ones my wife is going to be driving. We went maybe a half a mile crossed the railroad tracks honestly about 35 mph and the rear wheel exploded and sent us off into a tree. The rim broke off inside. The whole back side of the wheel broke right off. I have absolutely no idea what could have caused this. There was no misuse no horse play no anything. Yes the track are bumpy but no more bumpy than say hitting a pot hole or something and I would think even if you hit a pothole hard enough it would bent the wheel. This honestly just seperated behind the spokes of the rim. Has anyone heard of such an issue? The car never said low pressure and as I said it wasn't hit by anything. The tire in fact is still fine and if you look from the outside you would swear the rim was fine from a distance before you look from behind. Any help with the would be greatly appriciated. Again this is not written by some child out horsing the car and all I have said is true. There was no reason for this to happen due to abuse or neglect on our end

1 - 2 of 2 Posts