Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting a 2009 model, preferably a CTT, and am after a bit of advice. There is a really weird disparity here in the UAE in the prices asked for Cayennes, which doesn't make sense to me. The price range is generally:

Turbo: $35.5k (2008 with 49k) to $43.5k (2009 with 50k)
GTS: $38k (2009 with 80k) to $45k (2009 with 34k)
S: $33.5k (2008 with 57k) to $43.5k (2009 with 22k)

I would have expected there to be a huge premium on the Turbos, but that doesn't seem to be the case. On average in fact the GTS's seem to go for higher. Is there a known problem with the Turbos that might cause this?

If not then it seems to be a no brainer to me and I may as well go for the Turbo?

I'm mostly going to be using this on the road but, living in a desert climate, there will be times when I will need/want to take it into the sand (nothing heavy duty, but 4wd with clearance def required). Would the GTS or Turbo cope well with this?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm looking at getting a 2009 model, preferably a CTT, and am after a bit of advice. There is a really weird disparity here in the UAE in the prices asked for Cayennes, which doesn't make sense to me. The price range is generally:

Turbo: $35.5k (2008 with 49k) to $43.5k (2009 with 50k)
GTS: $38k (2009 with 80k) to $45k (2009 with 34k)
S: $33.5k (2008 with 57k) to $43.5k (2009 with 22k)

I would have expected there to be a huge premium on the Turbos, but that doesn't seem to be the case. On average in fact the GTS's seem to go for higher. Is there a known problem with the Turbos that might cause this?

If not then it seems to be a no brainer to me and I may as well go for the Turbo?

I'm mostly going to be using this on the road but, living in a desert climate, there will be times when I will need/want to take it into the sand (nothing heavy duty, but 4wd with clearance def required). Would the GTS or Turbo cope well with this?
I had 2006 Cayenne Turbo before my 2009 GTS . bad experience with turbo issues such as oil consumption & clunking transmission it was over-powered not suited as daily driver. I find the GTS much better & sought after version of Cayenne . here in Lebanon lots of Turbo & S but see v few GTS on road!:cool:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I would also not advise getting a turbo Cayenne for Dubai, I find turbos work their best in cooler temps and not in desert heat.

But there are people driving turbo Cayenne's in dubai, I guess if your able to put up with whatever repairs it would need, then go for it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have 2008 cayenne gts that i love. however, i am at 125k miles and getting nervous about potential repairs that are inevitably coming. Do have alot of risk at this mileage or should i just keep it and roll the dice. I wil say its a lot of highway mileage. Thanks to anyone who can offer thoughts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts