Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are looking at a 2011 Turbo Cayenne with 8k miles. It is at a dealer and is CPO automobile. They have offered to let us have it for the weekend and will deliver it tomorrow. The original list was 123K, we have agreed to $84K plus TTT if we like the car. This seems like a fair deal for both parties. As a CPO car, do I need to be on the look out for anything wrong like accidents or paint work? I assume the brakes, tires, etc will be like new? We plan to use this as our "date night" car and not put a lot of miles on it.
We were also considering a BMW M5 but this seems to be a better fit for us.Thanks in advance for your input.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Seems like a reasonable discount. But for $84k, don't assume anything. Accidents and major mechanicals should show up in the CarFax report. So ask to see the CarFax. No CarFax, no deal. Otherwise, next determine if it's a Porsche-backed CPO warranty or a dealer-backed warranty. I'd personally avoid the latter. If the former, have them then provide you with a copy of the CPO checklist specific to that car. It's a pass/fail list comprised of 100+ mechanical/safety/appearance items that must meet Porsche certification standards. When the car is initially checked against the list, all "fail" items must be fixed before declaring the car "certified". Fail items cost Porsche money, which is why - of two otherwise identical vehicles - one may be CPO'd, the other not.

They don't do this for free mind you. The cost of bringing a vehicle to up certified standards is padded into the selling price. That's why a certified vehicle is inevitably priced markedly higher than an equivalent non-certified model. Click here for more info regarding Porsche the Porsche CPO program.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. I'd ask for all the maintenance work to be done as well as new brakes and tires if they are needed.

It is also good to get the carfax report and visually inspect to see if the car has ever been in an accident. Things like ill fitting panels and off paint colors would tell.

The M5 is a great car. I'd drive both and see which fills the requirements.

Warranty would be especially important. Make sure its a Porsche backed warranty and it is available to be serviced at any Porsche dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I asked for a copy of the car fax...the car is 100% ok and it is a Porsche CPO warranty. The car was sold by this dealer brand new and the couple just traded it for a Panamera Turbo.Now I need to see if my wife approves of the car. She currently has a Honda Mini Van, boy is she is going to be in for a surprise with the power of the Cayenne compared to the van!
Thanks for your input. I will report back and let you know if she likes it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i asked for a copy of the car fax...the car is 100% ok and it is a porsche cpo warranty. The car was sold by this dealer brand new and the couple just traded it for a panamera turbo.now i need to see if my wife approves of the car. She currently has a honda mini van, boy is she is going to be in for a surprise with the power of the cayenne compared to the van!
Thanks for your input. I will report back and let you know if she likes it.
she loves it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts