Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 2012 Cayenne (BTW, wonderful vehicle!). The fuel tank capacity puzzles me - on the web and in the manual, it says 22.4 gallons. However, at the first fill up, with about 3/8 full, it took in 20.6 gallons. Second time, with about 5/8 full, it took in almost 11 gallons. When it took in 20.6 gallons upto the click, it wasn't even near the red zone.

How can that be with a 22.4 gallon tank? Or did they ship mine with a 26.4 gallon tank (which is optional, not standard, on the Cayenne)?

Anyone else had similar experience with their Cayenne?

Thanks,

·
Registered
19 Posts
thats weird, if it's optional wouldn't it be on your paper work....unless you bought a used Cayenne? since it's 2012 im assuming you bought it new

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought it brand new. There's nothing in the paperwork. Am wondering if other 2012 Cayenne owners have similar experience - even now, with about 150 miles on this tank, it shows just under 3/4 full, 350 mile remaining range - and its all suburban driving, NO highway. Never been in the 8th gear on this tank!

I plan to drive it down to the red zone this time, and see if it actually takes in more than 22.4 gallons. The larger tank is supposed to be 26.4 gallons.

Any other 2012 Cayenne owners having similar experience?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts