Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 2012 Cayenne store seat/mirror/other settings to each of the two keys it came with separately? We've just purchased one, and it (seemingly) has the Comfort Memory feature (because there are memory buttons--1,2,set,off--for both the driver and the passenger). I understand that the 2013 Cayennes had, instead, 1,2,3/key,off, and know how you store settings to a particular key in the 2013 model, but I can't figure out whether this is possible or not for the 2012 model. I know the car differentiates between the two keys: in the PCM, under SET CAR, Vehicle Functions, it will show whether Key 1 or Key 2 is "active" (in the ignition). So my ideal would be for person 1/Key 1 to have his settings activated--seat, mirror, presets, etc.--when he uses Key 1 to unlock and start the car, and ditto, separately, for person 2/Key 2. I haven't been able to get this to work, though, and the manual is fuzzy on this topic--it says that certain things are "stored to the key" when you leave and lock the vehicle, but it's not quite clear to me that they're stored to each key (Key 1 and Key 2) separately. Any advice or assistance or answers would be appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
It will autosave to the respective key if there's an option in the settings 'autosave' - our later Cayenne a 2014 has this. This apparently means when you remove your key from the ignition it remembers where you had everything, i.e. it will update itself with any tweaks you make to say the seat etc every trip.

If you don't have this feature then you need to save each persons settings with their key in place by pressing the Memory button and then the button with the key symbol on it. When the car is unlocked and/or you insert the key in the ignition it knows which key is in use and should adjust to those settings. This of course does not 'autoupdate' , if either person changes any of their seating positions they need to re save otherwise it will just revert to the saved settings when the car is next unlocked with that key. Try it out by saving different seat settings to each key and then lock and unlock with the keys in turn and you should see the seat move accordingly. This certainly worked in our 2010 Carrera S which did not have the autosave feature. I think when doing it this way the 'personalised' options in the PCM (aircon temp, lighting , and locking features?) all need to be set and saved through the screen in the PCM for each key, i.e. altering one of these settings and using the memory buttons on the door may not save the new temperature.

Hope this is of use, works and is clear

1 - 2 of 2 Posts