Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The gasket on the driver side headlight is wrecked and I ordered a replacement that doesn't fit. Apparently in the first half of 2013 the headlights are all one piece with the gasket, and in the second half there are gaskets. Has anyone run into this, found an affordable solution that doesn't require replacing the whole thing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Administrator
74 Posts
Is this the external gasket around the lens that seals it to the fender opening? If so - some Grainger rubber profile gasket was found to be a good substitute for the OE one (and at a tiny fraction of the price.)

·
Administrator
74 Posts
Yes, unfortunately it applies to virtually every other cayenne but the first half of 2013 where the headlight and gasket is all in one.
And as much as I dislike sending you there (see my sig for why - I created the DIY section..): 958 Cayenne DIY: Headlight Gaskets Replacements for 958.1 (.2?) - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (you don't have to join to view this..)

Let us know if this solves your issue.. and perhaps a photo of the headlight/gasket might help.

·
Administrator
74 Posts
And as much as I dislike sending you there (see my sig for why - I created the DIY section..): 958 Cayenne DIY: Headlight Gaskets Replacements for 958.1 (.2?) - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (you don't have to join to view this..)
It worked fine. I've seen it in person (visited with Ed while I was in LA..) You can send me the Hennseys when you're done and happy.. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts