Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove my Cayenne through the car wash and my speakers stopped working. If I turn up the volume I can hear the sub-woofer in the rear but none of the other speakers work. The radio still comes on, just no volume. Everything else works fine. Has anyone else have this happen and if so how did you fix it? Could it be a blown fuse?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I drove my Cayenne through the car wash and my speakers stopped working. If I turn up the volume I can hear the sub-woofer in the rear but none of the other speakers work. The radio still comes on, just no volume. Everything else works fine. Has anyone else have this happen and if so how did you fix it? Could it be a blown fuse?
This happened to our 2014 Platinum Edition. The Bose amp just under the right rear quarter window in the cargo area stopped working. I removed it (it had signs of water on the casing, but the board looked pretty good). Some threads on rennlist suggested the capacitors on the power circuits drift over time to where the circuit stops working. I sent the amp into Circuit Board Medics (www.circuitboardmedics.com) and they repaired/returned overnight. It's been working fine since. Total cost was a lot less than either a new amp from the dealer or a used ebay special :) The fact that you can still hear the subwoofer (it has it's own amp) means the audio signal processing in the Bose amp is working, just the amp power circuit is non-functional.
Good luck!
Ed

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This happened to our 2014 Platinum Edition. The Bose amp just under the right rear quarter window in the cargo area stopped working. I removed it (it had signs of water on the casing, but the board looked pretty good). Some threads on rennlist suggested the capacitors on the power circuits drift over time to where the circuit stops working. I sent the amp into Circuit Board Medics (www.circuitboardmedics.com) and they repaired/returned overnight. It's been working fine since. Total cost was a lot less than either a new amp from the dealer or a used ebay special :) The fact that you can still hear the subwoofer (it has it's own amp) means the audio signal processing in the Bose amp is working, just the amp power circuit is non-functional.
Good luck!
Ed
Thanks for the reply. I did some more research and it appears this is a common problem on Porsche Cayenne's with the panorama sunroof. It sounds like the drain hose gets clogged and water pours into the right rear quarter panel area as you stated. Most people said they had to replace their Bose amp so I'd like to try your solution first. How difficult was it to remove the trim to get to the Bose amp?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Getting to the amp was pretty easy - remove the D rings on the cargo area floor on the right side. The long strip of carpet comes up. Side panel has plastic fasteners that unscrew with a hex head. This video may help (I didn't have to touch the headliner in order to access the amp - it's right below the window. Three T25 fasteners hold the amp in place and there are a couple of cable and fiber optic connectors as well. Not a big deal - I think it took less than 10 minutes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the same experience with my 09. It’s a random problem with mine and once engine is turned off then back on … back to normal. My mechanic is not interested , haven’t asked the dealer. Please post the remedy if and when

1 - 5 of 5 Posts