Porsche Cayenne Forums : Porsche Cayenne Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Diesel Cayenne that now has 74,000. At about 45,000, when changing the oil it was discovered the car had an oil leak. It was taken to the Porsche dealer and under warranty the engine was dropped, taken apart, and resealed.

Since then, every 5,000 miles, when changing the oil, I discover that the engine is still leaking so I have returned it to the Porsche dealer to again repair each time. It has now been repaired 4 additional times, for a total of 5 times.

I happen to know the tech at the Porsche dealer who did this last repair. He actually had to do it twice on this visit. I suspect he was not paid for the second attempt at resealing one side of the engine and that is why he has told me, I need to just accept that these engines leak and they can't really be repaired. Once the engine is opened up from the factory seal, they are never able to get it sealed back up permanently.

I feel like I am being shamed into not seeking to have the car repaired if it leaks again because since it is warranty work, and a return, the techs are either not being paid to repair it again, or they are being paid very little for all the time they have to spend on diagnosis, part ordering, and warranty paperwork.

So my questions are 1) Anyone else had this experience? 2) Is it your experience that your Diesel can never be really repaired not to leak 3) What advice would give me? I happen to love the car. I get 37 miles to the gallon on the highway, 23 when I tow my track car on my feather-light trailer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where is the leaking coming from? My '14CD is in for major surgery, leak at upper oil pan to crankcase. Warranty repair in progress...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was wondering where you stand on this issue. I have a 2014 Touareg TDI (as well as a 2017 Cayenne) and the Touareg developed a small oil leak just prior to the warranty expiring. They pulled the engine and replaced the seals, the repair lasted about 5000 miles and it started to leak again. They did the repair again and said that the seals have been updated and they hoped I would not have any more issues. So far so good, but it has only been 4000 miles since the most recent repair.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts