Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is my first Cayenne, the brakes and rotors are due for maintenance. I have replaced both on other makes, models. My question;
1. the front rotors have a slight ridge, due manufactures still turn rotors or just replace them with new rotors ?
2. if I choose to use an aftermarket brand for rotors and pads, any recommendations ?
3. finally, since I the tools for this job, operator change or have a certified mechanic perform the maintenance ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, this is my first Cayenne, the brakes and rotors are due for maintenance. I have replaced both on other makes, models. My question;
1. the front rotors have a slight ridge, due manufactures still turn rotors or just replace them with new rotors ?
2. if I choose to use an aftermarket brand for rotors and pads, any recommendations ?
3. finally, since I the tools for this job, operator change or have a certified mechanic perform the maintenance ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a ‘16 Cayenne diesel. I have replaced my brakes w/StopTech slotted rotors & sport pads which so far have been great! Also, another Cayenne in the family replaced oem tires w/ Michelin CrossClimate SUV all-weather tires & have been impressed so far—they are lighter, have a W speed rating, & are holding up well—thus avoiding having two sets of wheels/tires.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I strongly suggest the Bosch quietcast pads and rotors. If you shop around (even Amazon) they can be found for a decent price. They don't squeal, braking is much smoother, and best of all-little to NO brake dust! Check out YouTube, there are a bunch of cayenne brake and rotor videos, that will spell it out exactly. It's absolutely a DIY job, don't let the logo fool you. It's very straightforward, similar to other cars, and will take and hour or so, max. You will save over $1K doing it yourself, with better brakes. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a ‘16 Cayenne diesel. I have replaced my brakes w/StopTech slotted rotors & sport pads which so far have been great! Also, another Cayenne in the family replaced oem tires w/ Michelin CrossClimate SUV all-weather tires & have been impressed so far—they are lighter, have a W speed rating, & are holding up well—thus avoiding having two sets of wheels/tires.
Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I strongly suggest the Bosch quietcast pads and rotors. If you shop around (even Amazon) they can be found for a decent price. They don't squeal, braking is much smoother, and best of all-little to NO brake dust! Check out YouTube, there are a bunch of cayenne brake and rotor videos, that will spell it out exactly. It's absolutely a DIY job, don't let the logo fool you. It's very straightforward, similar to other cars, and will take and hour or so, max. You will save over $1K doing it yourself, with better brakes. Hope this helps!
Very helpful, thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts