Porsche Cayenne Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to purchase a cpo 2017 S eHybrid Platinum Edition with premium plus add on. The car has comfort, sport and sport + suspension modes but only "sport" drive mode.

I tried to get the dealer to throw in the sport + mode but he wouldn't budge. They want $1,500 for parts and labor to install it. Is it worth it? It seems like most people say yes but some do say now. If I decide now, I can just bake the cost into the financing instead of going out of pocket $1,500. This is my first Porsche so I want to make it as fun as possible.

I appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry that I just now saw this posting. I have the same exact vehicle with sport+ drive mode.

Did you buy the vehicle?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Bassman. Yeah, I ended up buying it.

I thought about having the Sport + Mode installed but decided to hold off and drive the car a bit. While fast, its not a killer off the line; but it can really can really fly on the highway. I did talk to another service engineering about sport + and he said its not really worth it in the S e-hybrid.

Whats your take, Bassman, on Sports +?

Also, have you ever notice the oil level fluctuate while driving? My wife and I were driving to florida and about four hours into our drive, we got the low oil, drive on but top off with up to 1 qt. I add 1/4 of a qt and everything was good. I notice shortly after start, oil reads full. Driving for a couple of hours, oil reads full. Driving for 4 + hours, the oil level can fluctuate a bit, although it still remains green. The dealer I bought from said this is normal. Still seems odd to me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi there, I think that you were smart to pass on the additional expense as I would agree with the service engineer's thoughts as well.

On the subject of low oil, I too have had the low oil warning occasionally, usually only after a number of short (electric only) trips. My service rep states that it is normal on the hybrids to use a bit of oil especially when driven exclusively on e-power. Mine is a CPO so they top off the oil free of charge when it is in their shop and I add some Mobil 1 as needed.

All the best,

Kevin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there, I think that you were smart to pass on the additional expense as I would agree with the service engineer's thoughts as well.

On the subject of low oil, I too have had the low oil warning occasionally, usually only after a number of short (electric only) trips. My service rep states that it is normal on the hybrids to use a bit of oil especially when driven exclusively on e-power. Mine is a CPO so they top off the oil free of charge when it is in their shop and I add some Mobil 1 as needed.

All the best,

Kevin

Thanks, Kevin.

What tire pressure do you use? I notice the TPMS, door jamb, and manual target psi are all a bit different. TPMS has me targeting much lower for the rear axel (maybe because its 50F and not 68F outside??). The dealer overinflated them and it was a rough ride (42/46 psi front/rear).

these are the targets i've seen:

• TPMS: When learning the tires, the car says target 35/38 front/rear psi (partial load)
  • Door Jamb: says 38/46 front/rear psi (I am guessing this is full load)
  • Manual: says 34/42 front/rear psi (part load) or 37/46 (full load)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey Papb,
You are right, it is so confusing as to what the proper inflation should be at. I have had mine for 14 months now and have played around with testing different inflation levels and have come to the conclusion that 35 front and 40 rear seems to work for me in the winter and keeps the TPMS from sending me nasty notes. Usually it is just me and sometimes one other person in the car so I guess that would be what Porsche would call a partial load.
Now that it is starting to warm up a bit in Northern Illinois, I will probably slightly increase the pressures but again it will be trial and error.
My suggestion is to just find what works best for you and go with it.
Regards,
Kevin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to update: I have been keeping my tires at 36/40 psi for front/rear. This is a much smoother ride. When I first got the car, I remember being unimpressed with the smoothness of the ride at highway speeds (handling at all speeds, especially highway, is phenomenal and a fun drive). It took two weeks for me to check the tire pressure; stupid me. I just assumed the dealer did it right but it turns out Porsche dealers love to over inflate. After dropping them down, not suprisingly, its a much smoother ride.

One more comment; my TPMS is spot on with my digital gauge. The dealers and the forums all say not to trust the TPMS and to use a digital gauge at the tire... i agree but thought its interesting that my TPMS was actually spot on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just to update: I have been keeping my tires at 36/40 psi for front/rear. This is a much smoother ride. When I first got the car, I remember being unimpressed with the smoothness of the ride at highway speeds (handling at all speeds, especially highway, is phenomenal and a fun drive). It took two weeks for me to check the tire pressure; stupid me. I just assumed the dealer did it right but it turns out Porsche dealers love to over inflate. After dropping them down, not suprisingly, its a much smoother ride.

One more comment; my TPMS is spot on with my digital gauge. The dealers and the forums all say not to trust the TPMS and to use a digital gauge at the tire... i agree but thought its interesting that my TPMS was actually spot on.
My TPMS reading is exactly the same as my digital readouts as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts