Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Forum!

I recently bought a 2018 Hybrid S that I love, my question for this group is are there fast charging stations available for the car? I looked at the EVO site but the plug is different. I can charge while riding which works for me but curious.

Also, the car came with a key that is permanent in the slot turn, sometimes, I get a message to remove and put back in, is this normal? That is the grey generic key (not the cool one that looks like a car :) ).

Thank you,

Newb

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Eric,
Sorry for the late reply as it looks like you just joined this forum and I personally believe that the Facebook forums are far more responsive.

I have a 2017 S Platinum e-hybrid and there are plenty of charging stations in my Chicago, Illinois area, both free and fee based. If you are trying to charge at a Tesla station, they do use a different plug. I don't know where you are located but try doing a web search.

As far as the grey key plug, sometimes I have to pull my key fob out of my pocket for the system to recognize it...most times I don't need to.

I can only hope that you enjoy your Cayenne as much as I do mine!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thank you for the quick response, I normally charge when riding so not a huge pain point but for all the places I looked at, the plugs does not work except when I go to Porsche dealership? I've looked at a few charging stations to no avail. It would not be a huge deal except about that it's a nice to have. On battery alone, I get 14 mile so charging for 14 mile is not critical since the car can charge to that after 30 min or riding, like I said, it's a nice to have. Where you are in Chicago, is that a brand name that you look for?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Eric,

Welcome to Porsche world. Using e-Charge hits your MPG by about 20%. To use a Telsa charging station I think you need an adapter to go from the Tesla config to a J-1772 plug (this is the common plug for EVs. Have you looked at Chargepoint? There are several others out there as well. They have a fairly broad charging network. AFAIK the Cayenne doesn't map charging stations like the Taycan or Tesla EV's. That said, the best thing to do is to get a 240v service installed in your garage for charging at home. WIth 240v it takes about 2H45M to fully chharge the battery. I use the Car Connect app and have the departure time set for a 1.15am departure time as I jead to work at 1.30a. The key you are referring to is a dummy key that stays in place - sounds like you have the Enter & Drive option. It a bit buggy. About a year ago the dealer here in StL had my Cayenne for about 3 weeks for intermittent not starting - got the Key Not Found message and then remove the key and try to restart. The dealer eventually replaced the Kessy module and the antenna amplifer.

Also check out the Rennlist.com Cayenne forum - it gets a fair amount of traffic.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey, thank you for the quick response, I normally charge when riding so not a huge pain point but for all the places I looked at, the plugs does not work except when I go to Porsche dealership? I've looked at a few charging stations to no avail. It would not be a huge deal except about that it's a nice to have. On battery alone, I get 14 mile so charging for 14 mile is not critical since the car can charge to that after 30 min or riding, like I said, it's a nice to have. Where you are in Chicago, is that a brand name that you look for?
Hi Eric, to answer your question the brand that I use most often is Volta. You can locate their free charging station locations via their app.
Regards,
Kevin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts