Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did my first oil change on 2019 base 3.0 myself.. was very easy used and extractor and filter on top of engine. There is a small plug you pull out to slip in extractor tube by the filter under the front top cross beam takes a bit to find .. but no issues. You do have to take off the air cleaner unit on top 4 bolts hold that in. Hope it helps others took me a while to find out whether it could be done that way..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just did my first oil change on 2019 base 3.0 myself.. was very easy used and extractor and filter on top of engine. There is a small plug you pull out to slip in extractor tube by the filter under the front top cross beam takes a bit to find .. but no issues. You do have to take off the air cleaner unit on top 4 bolts hold that in. Hope it helps others took me a while to find out whether it could be done that way..
How did you reset your oil change reminder?

·
Administrator
3 Posts
Foxwell NT530 with the Porsche software is capable of that and a lot more. Nice tool it has is similar to how the dealer mechanics determine oil level when changing the oil. It allows for reading the level (once the oil has reached 90C) without having to do a drive cycle or the other silliness that using the oil-level display on the car requires. It not only tells you how full the oil is - it tells you how much oil to add to bring it up to full.

Good tool, especially if you have any of the 987, 997 series cars. 2021 New Version Foxwell NT530 All-System OBD2 Scanner Code Reader Support Bi-Directional Scanner

Unlike Durametric there is no VIN# limit, and it's a stand-alone product so it doesn't need a computer or smartphone to use. They also offer free lifetime software updates - the only company I know of that offers this. It can also be used with other vehicle manufacturers - each manufacturer costs $60 or $80 for the software. I believe it will support up to 5 manufacturers (something Durametric and most other Porsche tools won't do.)

Oh - forgot - cost is $165 shipped from/within the US, mine was delivered in 2 days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts