Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no problem opening the rear tailgate using foot gesture.

However, unlike it states on page 266 of the owner's manual, I can not close the tailgate using foot gesture.

Anyone else got the same problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Actually, I have the opposite issue. At times, when I'm standing and loading things, I guess my movement trips the foot gesture area and the door begins to close even though I'm still loading things!
Given my tribulations with this feature, I made a few observations.The actual area is very close to the edge of the bumper and not deeper into the vehicle. A quick "hokey pokey" foot in and out seems to trigger it best, not a sweeping side to side motion. And, as I mentioned above, you need to stay away from that area when loading/unloading or the hatch will start closing on your head.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, I have the opposite issue. At times, when I'm standing and loading things, I guess my movement trips the foot gesture area and the door begins to close even though I'm still loading things!
Given my tribulations with this feature, I made a few observations.The actual area is very close to the edge of the bumper and not deeper into the vehicle. A quick "hokey pokey" foot in and out seems to trigger it best, not a sweeping side to side motion. And, as I mentioned above, you need to stay away from that area when loading/unloading or the hatch will start closing on your head.
Thanks for your reply.
Having owned previously a 2019 Audi Q8, I found the foot gesture challenging to engage, but patience was a virtue.
As it states in our owner's manual, the foot gesture is to engage the rear tailgate both up and down.
I just discovered today, that to close the tailgate using the button in the drivers door, I had to have the engine running
to make it work.
C'mon Porsche People, everywhere else I read is have the tailgate closed while the engine is running because you
want to avoid gas fumes. We'll get this sorted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2021 only opens with foot gesture, but does not close with it. My dealer told me they stopped doing the kick-to-close recently due to too many people triggering it by accident. Weird…. worked perfectly in my SQ5.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When washing my 2020 Cayenne with the key fob in my pocket, doors lock ,unlock, mirrors fold , unfold, tail gate opens on its own. Had to make sure the key fob is not near the car when washing. Several times i have walked out to my car and the hatch is all the way open. I guess bending over to pick something up the button on the fob got pushed while inde a building I’m working on. Had to find a pouch to hold the fob so the buttons cant be accidentally pushed. It would be nice if it were possible to disable the fob from being able to open the hatch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts