Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my first Cayenne. Dream car fully loaded turbo. 2 days after leaving the dealer the car began to misfire while stopped at a light. Engine fault light came on but said safe to drive. To be safe I had it towed back to the dealer. Swapping plugs, coils, then injectors didn’t work. Just got notified a valve broke and the engine is destroyed and must be replaced. I am beyond disappointed for this kind of investment. My question is will I be setting myself up for disaster if I accept this new car with a replacement engine installed by the dealer? I have never had an experience like this before and am new to this brand.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wouldn't accept a new engine as a solution. Unacceptable. They shouldn't even be offering this as an option, the dealer should make it right with a factory new vehicle.

·
Registered
30 Posts
A 2021?? They should replace the motor with a factory fresh under warranty...................
I had a 2014 Turbo that at 144,000 miles the motor self-destructed. Two Porsche dealers could not find anything significant - one even purchased a special camera that was fed through the oil dipstick tube to view the interior of the motor. Quoted $10k for factory replacement motor - which was more than what the car was worth. Junked it.....

·
Administrator
14 Posts
Are you certain this was a 2014? $10k sounds awfully cheap for an engine, and the 2014 Turbo has no dipstick hole.

·
Administrator
14 Posts
Get the new engine and then forgettaboutit. The new engine will be just fine, and believe it or not- the Porsche mechanics undoubtedly have experience installing them.. A friends new GT4 engine blew at around 300 miles. Three weeks later he has it back and is breaking it in. Running fine.

Stuff (not allowed to say more) happens.. and once in a while a bad one slips through. There is a traditional failure curve called a "bathtub" curve because of it's shape. Lots of failures when new, tapers off to nothing for a long time, then lots of failures when it's old.

You can probably talk the dealer into a year of free oil services if you treat them in an adult manner...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts