Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live on Long Island NY and we took a 300 mile trip to upstate NY to see the changing foliage in my new Cayenne. While driving around in the Lake Placid area, I hit something on the road that caused rapid air loss in my left rear tire. I pulled over and called Porsche roadside assistance which sent a flatbed within 30 minutes. With no spare tire, all they could do was take it to the nearest Porsche dealer 90 miles away. The diagnosis was an un-repairable tire cut. Since this is a "special tire", the closest was coming from the west coast and would arrive in about a week. No other options. Needed to rent a car for a week and return to pick up the Cayenne. Insurance does not cover the rental because only tire damage. Porsche covered the tow, but the new fancy tire is on me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live on Long Island NY and we took a 300 mile trip to upstate NY to see the changing foliage in my new Cayenne. While driving around in the Lake Placid area, I hit something on the road that caused rapid air loss in my left rear tire. I pulled over and called Porsche roadside assistance which sent a flatbed within 30 minutes. With no spare tire, all they could do was take it to the nearest Porsche dealer 90 miles away. The diagnosis was an un-repairable tire cut. Since this is a "special tire", the closest was coming from the west coast and would arrive in about a week. No other options. Needed to rent a car for a week and return to pick up the Cayenne. Insurance does not cover the rental because only tire damage. Porsche covered the tow, but the new fancy tire is on me.
What is the tire? any specifics?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you not have a spare because it’s a eHybrid? My Cayenne has a collapsible/inflatable spare.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We have a 2020 E Hybrid. The lack of a spare tire is a real concern. We have done two long (5K+ mile) road trips and gambled that nothing would go wrong.

It’s possible to buy either a Porsche spare or aftermarket spare and a hitch based tire holder. I’m planning to get one of these before our next big trip.
The staggered tires is not a big deal. The front, rear and spare donut have the same outer diameter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts