Porsche Cayenne Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After charging at home using household (110V) current, the "check engine" light illuminated as I started driving. The car has been at the dealership for seven of the nine weeks I've owned it, and no solution is at hand. Two parts have been flown in from Germany and the software has been reloaded to address other faults that were diagnosed, but that has not remedied the "check engine" fault when charging using household current.

My dealer tells me that not many 2022 models have been delivered, but the PCNA intimated that mine is not an isolated situation. And it so happens there are suggestions that there is a similar charging problem with the Taycan.

Any feedback would be welcome as I wait to hear if PCNA is going to acknowledge that I was sold a lemon and buy the Cayenne back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a very similar issue with a 2022 cayenne e-hybrid
bought it 4 weeks ago and it's been there for the last 3 weeks i put several hundred miles on it
they don't know what the issue is
when the e-battery dies and it sits for 12-24 hours, the whole car dies
what do you need to do to get pcna involved and to get them to buy it back and would they replace it with another similar car or do you think they will swap it out with a taycan?
this is my 3rd cayenne in 3 years
you?

·
Registered
10 Posts
This has been widely discussed on the Cayenne Rennlist forum; check that out if you haven't already done so... I'd been planning to order a 2022 Cayenne E-Hybrid but I might wait for MY 2023 with the new facelift (and hopefully the larger 25- to 30-kWh battery pack that's been discussed by Porsche management this year).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a new 2021 Cayenne this summer. Had it ordered. After a couple months, noticed the “check engine” light coming on sometimes when I go from electric to petrol. I too drive in only electric for small trips typically in the mornings on weekdays. This was also a selling point when I decided to buy the car!!!

My dealer is also saying that the car should not be driven in all electric mode too often, but I have not heard of the oil temp explanation.

Took it in a week ago for them to troubleshoot it. I’m not sure what they did, but now I can not charge it with the home charger. They say the only fix now is to wait for a new software update coming sometime soon. Which doesn’t make sense to me, since it was at least charging when I took it in.

Anyone else experienced the car not charging with the plug? It will charge while driving.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After charging at home using household (110V) current, the "check engine" light illuminated as I started driving. The car has been at the dealership for seven of the nine weeks I've owned it, and no solution is at hand. Two parts have been flown in from Germany and the software has been reloaded to address other faults that were diagnosed, but that has not remedied the "check engine" fault when charging using household current.

My dealer tells me that not many 2022 models have been delivered, but the PCNA intimated that mine is not an isolated situation. And it so happens there are suggestions that there is a similar charging problem with the Taycan.

Any feedback would be welcome as I wait to hear if PCNA is going to acknowledge that I was sold a lemon and buy the Cayenne back.
What is the “PCNA”?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think that on Rennlist, it was determined that people who optioned the larger 7.2-kW onboard charger had the problems, not people with the standard charger. Since the battery pack is so small, I will be content to stay with the smaller charger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts